General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel lines big problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Fuel lines big problem

I just took out my old fuel filter and the bottom bolt that needed to crows foot attachment was a huge pain to get off and I think now I realize why. While I was twisting it the fuel line was twisting around the extension on the ratchet, I noticed AFTER i was done getting it off and I had to twist the ratchet in the opposite direction in order to untangle it, now im looking up their and my fuel line is in a looped shape up to where it goes and it looks like a good portion of that line right their (6 inches) is pinched down and flattened out. How much trouble am i in?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

...and also Im figuring i need to replace it, does anyone know the best place or website to find a 1994 accord ex 2.2L fuel supply line (gas tank to fuel filter under car) its a metal line as well, and around how much the part would be would be?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Seems like a dealership part. There may be a way to double flare the line and use a threaded union. If you can save the end or they sell them. I think they call that a banjo fitting. I have done the brake line bundle that way on my 95 when it rotted out in the middle of the car.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

whats do you mean by "double flare" the line? Is that like getting a piece of the metal line and cutting out some of the original and threading the new piece on both sides of where you replace it?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i went on hondapartscheap.com, its a south bay honda dealership in california that sells all OEM parts and I found that fuel feed pipe for $84.85. The list price is at $117.85, and the local dealership here in Oregon says they have to special order it and it would be around $135. You think that $85 dollar pipe from south bay honda is the way to go or should I dig deeper and keep shopping around.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:32 AM

You would cut the bad part of the line out, install a threaded fitting on the line, and then double flare the end. If you look at the universal lines they sell at any parts store you will see the fittings I am referring to and the double fare at each end. You have to sort out the end for the fuel filter which I believe is a banjo fitting. If you have enough line at that end for the same fitting as the line and a double flare you do the same and then use a section of the universal line they sell and two of the female threaded unions. You may have to cut the line universal line to size and double flare both ends. It isn’t hard and will cost probably less than twenty dollars. Replacing the whole line may not be a lot of fun depending on where it goes.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

my only concern is that it is a pretty high pressure line, would doing that be ok? It would be definitely a pretty good quick fix i guess and maybe I can deal with doing the whole thing later when I have more money but would doing what your suggesting be alright with this high pressure fuel line?

Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

If it was my car, I would just get the complete line from the honda site you found.

If you repair the original line and it allows gas to leak, you will likely have a fire under your hood.

The $67 difference between $20 for repairing and $87 for replacing isn't worth the risk, IMO.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Another cheap option is finding that fuel line from a junkyard.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM

I did my brake line bundle like that and if it leaks you will know immediately. I wouldn’t have a problem with cost more so getting the new line in installed. I don’t know what you need to take off to do the job. You have to do what is right for you.

Quick Reply: Fuel lines big problem