General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

fuelpump

Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Default fuelpump

hey guys, just installed a carb on a 89 accord i just purchased. got all the vacuums connected, and poured a little gas to get it started. It ran until the gas burned out of the carb. I unhooked the fuelline from the carb, and noticed when i turned on the ignition, no fuel was shooting out the end of fuel line. Also i can,t hear the fuelpump whine. 250,000 miles on car but was well taken care of. probably need a fuelpump huh? It looks like it won't be to hard to install from the backseat. checked the fuelpump relay under dash and its fine. anything else i could try first? Or is it time for a pump?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Check to see that the pump is getting power to its electrical connector. If it is and it isn't running, then you will have to replace the pump.

You can download a 4th gen accord shop manual from the links posted online manuals thread in the DIY section.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 PM

thanks

Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

There are two fuel filters..One is back by the left/driver side rear tire. The other is under the hood just as the fuel line goes into the carb.

Than as PA said, open the panel in the trunk and check the voltage going to the pump.

Search this Thread