General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Got a new Accord, climate control problems!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Default Got a new Accord, climate control problems!

Hey, I just purchased an '03 Accord EX V6 6MT, and it already has problems. I'm not sure if this is a quick fix, but the dual climate zone isn't working right. When I turn the heat on, the passenger's side will blow hot air, but the driver's side only blows icy cold air. Luckily down here where I live it doesn't get too cold or I'd be very upset. Is there a quick fix for this problem? I'd love to have heat on my side please, lol.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

is your drivers side control on hot? congrates on the buy,
also if there is a problem should you have a warrenty?

Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 AM

Yeah the control is on hot. I bought the car as-is no warranty from a Ford dealership. I think it might be a door motor within the dash.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if this ford dealership is a well know dealership and not some fly by night dealership they usually have whats called "good will" meaning they might fix it for free, so i'd try to take it in it couldnt hurt. my friend bought a x-terra no warrenty and the cd player didnt work and took it back and they fixed it for free, i hear about this alot.
happy birthday btw, nice your turning 21 on superbowl sunday.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:11 PM

The dealership won't fix the problem for free. I did some research and I think it's the heater blend door motor/actuator. I looked on Majestic Honda for the part, and I'm not sure what part I need. Here's where I'm stuck at: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...y5=HEATER+UNIT I'd appreciate it if you could show me which part (if any) is the blend door motor. Thanks.

Last edited by Antarctica; 02-04-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like there's 3 motors, parts 6, 7, & 8. You'll have to figure out which one is not working. Besides, it may be that the motor is OK but a lever or hinge broken on the corresponding door. You'll have to remove some trim panels so you can see what parts are moving properly & what isn't.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 AM

Wow, seems really complicated. I've heard that the heater blend door motor has gone out in these cars, but it's really strange that it would go out at less than 50,000 miles, and down here on the Mississippi gulf coast, it doesn't get very cold in the winter time. I don't know why a hinge or lever would be broken. It's not like anybody would intentionally go behind the dash and mess it up. Anyway, which number in the diagram is the blend door motor?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Well, that's just the parts catalog drawing. I'll have to remember to take a look at the actual repair manual to see which of those 3 motors is for blending hot/cold air. I'm guessing #7 because it looks like that one has a cable going out to the engine compartment (probably for a valve on the heater hose).

Old 07-12-2009, 05:00 PM

This isn't really a reply, but I' having a similar problem with my 2004 EX-L which I'm trying to diagnose today. The A/C is only blowing cold on the passenger side. The driver's side is HOT. I haven't tried the heater to see if it's functioning the same way (I'm in Austin, TX and it's 101 degrees outside right now).

Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
emsman1
Unregistered

Having the same problem on my 2003 LX Sedan 2.4L I4. Are there any updates to this issue?

Quick Reply: Got a new Accord, climate control problems!