General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grinding Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:17 AM
SilverBullet
Unregistered
Default Grinding Noise

Hopefully someone can help me with this:

I just bought a 2005 Accord EX-V6 Coupe. I love it. However, in the morning when I back out of my driveway, and then put the car in Drive, I go about ten-twenty feet and it makes a quick grinding noise. After that it is fine. I can feel a vibration in the gas pedal when it does it. It only seems to do it in the morning when I first drive the car. I have even tried stopping and backing up and then going forward to see if it will do it again. I think it did it once after I got out of work one afternoon. Almost as if it does it when the car has been sitting for a while.

Any suggestions? It is an automatic with approximately 300 miles on it.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Default RE: Grinding Noise

welcome, good luck with your new ride.

take it back to the dealer, see if you can replicate the sound for them while your there.

(that's the great thing about a new car, warranty)

check out your radiator fan shroud for any signs of contact, could it be coming from the wheel area?

best bet, take it back, at least just to report the problem, just i case it gets more serious an dyou can say , hey it's on the record..

good luck.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 AM
jiangxuexi
Unregistered

please refer to the post on 2003 accord griding noise, when you pedal the brake when you first start driving in the morning, I got this annoying sound from my 2003 honda accord if you see the same problem, please reply in your post in the 2003 grinding noise, so that we can work together to let honda know this problem and help us fix it.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:04 AM
Apes
Unregistered

Just make an appointment with the dealership for service. My bf had the same problem, I just don't remember what it was. They should be able to fix it without you having to spend a penny. =)

Old 01-01-2006, 02:24 AM
jhc
Unregistered

Please see previous article (about 4 pages back, the one with the most "hits")
: "New 2004 Accord EX-V6 Engine Noises and Vibrations"
I'm the frustraded one with the long reply.
It sort of "sounds" like A/C compressor kicking in but its not.
Dealer wasn't much help, 'cause engine code reads nothing (must be something new thats not regsitered yet),
and every time I take it to the dealer, just that time it acts fine.

Please, anyone, let me know if you find anything new on this.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Gimly54
Unregistered

If it is when you apply the brake, then see my previous post: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/200.../m_7447/tm.htm

Old 01-11-2006, 10:09 PM
atwood
Unregistered

I also have the same problem on the my 06. I recently posted an entry about it without first reading this. I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked, but i am afraid that ironically, when i take it to the dealer, the problem some how disappears (i hate it when this happens). So just to say that this problems continues onto the 06 model year

Old 01-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Newest Of Newbies

All! Your car does not have a problem, this is completely normal. Your vehicle is equipped with ABS and has an Accumulator Pump that resets EVERYTIME the car is started and driven. This is done below 10mph and is a sort of calibration. You can also receive my same response Post #8 of "New 2004 Accord EX-V6 Engine Noises and Vibrations" After the initial reset in the morning the others may seem less significant as the fluid is warm by then.

SilverBullet you should be more concerned about the issue that I pointed out in my post "05 Accord V6 Misfire,Shutter,Slip,Etc." This is a real condition and all 05's that I have driven as well as owners I have spoken have it. You are best off taking my advice and writting to the applicable persons expressing your concern. If you live in a cold climate this will be even worse. I haven't driven the 06' V6 but it could have the same problem, though HP was rated 5 more I believe; maybe it does have different programming.

I know a noise is a hard thing to overlook because it just doesn't seem right, but we've all gotten used to an electric fuel pump by now right. Anyway go ahead and put that one to rest as.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Gimly54
Unregistered

TYTALEX, are you referring to what sounds more like a whirring noise?? This is exactly what happens after the car is started and placed in forward and driven about 10-20- ft. I noticed this right after I took ownership of my 2003. Inquired at the dealer, said it was the ABS engaging.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Whirring, Clunk, Tha dunk, Grinding, Vibration.... Slightly different observation by all parties and can vary by quite a few possiblities like Temp, Age, Throttle position, Pavement etc.

Think of it as a pump that resets and needs to build high pressure very quickly once reached it turns off. While building the pressure some may describe the Whirring, Grinding, Vibration. Turning off is going to give the Clunk and Tha dunk.

Ya know.

Quick Reply: Grinding Noise