General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

H22A Accord Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default H22A Accord Swap

Wondering If Someone With Some Swap Knowledge Could Steer Me In The Right Direction, I Have A 95 Accord(Automatic Car) That I Am Dropping An H22A Into And I Have 4 Harness's On The Passenger Side Of The Car And One Flat Plug, Only 2 Of The Harness's match up and Im still left with 2 on the H22 engine harness but then on the driver side of the accord there are 2 plugs near where I installed the slave cylinder and no harness plugs on the engine on that side to plug into them, Im assuming the extra 2 plugs on the passenger side of the car are to do with the automatic trannie? Also the bolt hole in the auto engine mount bracket is a touch off from the 5 speed cars bracket, I have 6 accords and 3 preludes so I a few are donars so I can check out the different set ups, I didnt realize the brackets were different until I got the engine in and it didnt want to line up right, so is drilling out the mount bracket a common solution? Im really lost on the wiring, My first swap and would really appreciate some guidance, thanks in advance!

Old 02-06-2015, 10:22 AM

First thing did you take the ECM from the swap vehicle that you took the engine from? Second did you take sub frame from the swap vehicle for your transmission/motor mounts? There are plenty of ways to do a swap by both mechanical and electrical "hacking", but if done carefully there should be no need to. Sounds like you have plenty of cars to choose from so have fun and good luck. Lastly did you also take that transmission from the swap vehicle that the engine and ECM should have come from? It sounds like you did not take the wiring harness out of the doner vechicle... You should if not already done. You also need to tell us what vehicle you pulled everything from.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The Donar Vehicle Is A 99 Prelude But It Had A JDM H22A Swap In It And I Do Have The ECU From It And Im Getting All My Manual Accord Parts From A 94 Sedan I Have, The Reason Im Going Through All This Trouble Is Because The Car Im Swapping Is A 95 Wagon And Its So Hard To Find An EX Wagon With A Factory Manual Trannie And I Love The Wagons, I Did Not Change Out The Wiring Harness's From Either Car, I Assumed It Was All Hard Wired In To The Main Harness Under The Dash, So Thats What I Need To Do? In Everything I Read On Doing This Swap, No One Ever Mentioned Doing That, I Will Give That A Try Next! Thank You!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Newest Of Newbies

O! And I Did Take The 5 Speed Trans From The Prelude And Using The Mount From The Manual Accord Trying To Install It In An Automatic Body, I Left The Original Sub Frame That Came In The Wagon In It

Old 02-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Can you take some pictures of the H22 connectors and Accord connectors you're referring to, and post them?

There are guides out there; but, if you post the pictures of the connectors, I may be able to add information.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

That Would Be Great! Thank You! I Will Snap Some Soon As I Make It Back Down At My Shop, My Garage At Home Isnt Big Enough For All My Projects So I Rent One About 10 Minutes Away

Old 02-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by thmper4u
[IMG][/IMG]
These Are The Automatic Swap Car Harness's

Old 02-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

[IMG][/IMG]
These Are The Harness's On The H22A

Attached Thumbnails H22A Accord Swap-dsc_0102.jpg  
Old 02-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies