General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hair coming out of my exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Default Hair coming out of my exhaust??

Yeah, that's right. While walking up to my car this morning, I noticed what looked like Long strands/bunches of hair extruding out from my right exhaust pipe. It was black. I reached in and pulled it out and a lot came out. It seemed to extend up into the muffler. What the heck is this? Now, I Just put on a SRI a few days ago, does this have anything to do with it. Is the "hair" some sort of insulation thats being exhausted through due to the new amount of air I'm receiving from the new intake. Is this bad?

weird.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Default RE: Hair coming out of my exhaust??

YOu didn't get an animal crawl up there did you?

Old 04-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Default RE: Hair coming out of my exhaust??

It was like wildabeast hair. I've only had the car for about 6 months. maybe it was something that was there from before. The hair was long. It felt synthetic. I'm clueless. If it's still in my parking area when I get home, I'll grab it and scan it and post it. Reminds me of medical oddities when you see the weird things people have swallowed.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Default STOP THE PRESSES!

STOP THE PRESSES! I FOUND ANOTHER PERSON WITH THE SAME SITUATION: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=121975

Has any of you Honda Mechs. ever heard of this???? Does this mean I just need a new muffler?

Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Default RE: STOP THE PRESSES!

the guy said it happened more than once. let us know if it happens more than once. My guess is that someone is playing a joke on you. or som incosiderate jerk threw a wig or something at your car while passing by. Perhaps crazy ex-girlfriend?

Old 04-17-2007, 06:59 PM

how bout crazy GIRLFRIEND!! LOL!!. Actually, what that dude in the link above said happened is exactly what mine looked this morning. Did you see the picture he posted. Same thing!! Someone better hope they didn't play a joke though. Cause it ain't funny and neither is my 9 iron sitting in the back seat. I really find it hard to beleive somebody shoved a wig up my tailpipe. that didn't sound right did it. LOL

Old 04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I think it's just the padding of the muffler that's finding its way out...time to change it. It's usually packed with steel wool, etc.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

well that is one of the weirdest things i have ever seen(the pic on the link). never heard of that happening before, but before now would have been bugge dout if i saw that much "hair" coming out of my exhaust.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Does it look like strands of fiberglass? They sometimes use it in mufflers.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Maybe your car is going through puberty......[sm=joke.gif]

Quick Reply: Hair coming out of my exhaust??