General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Having problems with 04 Accord.......help!! A/C quit!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:27 PM
04SatinAccordTX
Unregistered
Default Having problems with 04 Accord.......help!! A/C quit!!

Not to long ago (probably 3 weeks) we got in the car and the radio back lights quit coming on? The radio still works fine, you just can't see what station the radio is on or any lights on the face. Then tonight we were leaving the gym and the A/C blower just quit. There was no warning and all. The A/C was blowing cold air, nothing unusual at all. Then it just turned itself off???????? I looked at the owners manual thinking it could be a blown fuse. However the picof the underhood fuseboxin the manual does not match the fuse box on the car?? Anyone had these radio and AC issues?? What was the fix??

Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Default RE: Having problems with 04 Accord.......help!! Radio lights went out then AC QUIT.

This is likely the radio issue:
http://gen7accord.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6990

Old 06-16-2008, 08:06 PM
04SatinAccordTX
Unregistered
Default RE: Having problems with 04 Accord.......help!! Radio lights went out then AC QUIT.

Thanks..that should take care of my radio light issue!! My vin is well within the range mentioned! Now if I can figure out this AC issue! Has anyone replaced theblower motorresistor before?? Is it box under the dash on the passengers sidethat theblower motor wires run to??Is it just two screws and it comes loose? Or is it more involved than that???

Old 06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
04SatinAccordTX
Unregistered

Anyone else getting the same message when they click on this thread??

BAD REQUEST
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand

Anyway, I removed the resistor. Is there any way to have these tested before spending $50for a new one only to find out something else is the issue!! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!!

Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Classic sign of bad resistor is dead at lower speeds & OK at higher speeds.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:21 PM
04SatinAccordTX
Unregistered

Well I took the car in this morning. They called and said it was the transistor (not the resistor). The bill is $277.