General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hayden 403

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Default hayden 403

I guess since I did it before falk I will post a little diy with some pics.

Materials:
Hayden 403
extra 3 feet trans. hose
honda atf

Tools:
screw driver
pliers

So here is how I did it check out the pics. I found it easiest to do it this way. The instructions had about 3 different places you could put the cooler.

Here is what to do...The line on the right when facing the car is the return line, disconnect. Follow the line to the radiator and disconnect the other end of the hose. The hoses from the cooler will go to the transmission and the other is going to go to the radiator. You'll need extra hose if you mount it where I mounted it, well probably anywhere you decide to mount it in general. Basically clamp up everything nice and tight. If you have trouble getting the hoses on the cooler rub a little atf on it and it will slide in nice. Mount the radiator with the little ties they give you. I also used extra ties just to make sure it was extra tight on there and won't fall off. Run the car a little and then check the fluid level. Refill as necessary and you are good to go. Oh yeah, check for leaks. Took me about 2 hours including getting hose. Someone who is good with his hands can probably do it in an hour.

I got probably about 200 miles on the car since I've installed it and I guess maybe the car shifts a little smoother? Probably in my head. I'm just hoping it will extend the life of my trans.

Keep in mind i'm not mechanic so if I forgot something please add to this ftw.

Old 11-22-2007, 04:17 AM
Default RE: hayden 403

Your camera does a nice job, I dont think many folks know how much better a cooler would be for their car.

I am working on a huge Air Conditioning Pictorial Tutorial, would you be willing to help out with some pics from your car please, I can give guidance and you can stop at any time. I am very interested in wire colors going through connectors and into AC components, more info if you are interested, thanks so much and Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Default RE: hayden 403

Maybe once the quarter is over. Finals are coming up soon. The camera is just a 3.1 mega pixel kodak. It's probably like 4 years old lol.