General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello honda people!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Default Hello honda people!!!

alright, this might sound odd, but im not a honda guy at all. im a jeep guy, im all over jeep forum and jeep skool, but recently my buddy got a free 92 honda accord.

its a 92 DX, with the 2.2 4cyl, auto (bummer yeah i know)
and it has no exhaust, so we call it the race car, because when you drive it fast, it sounds like a friggen race car.

well long story short, were thinking about making it a sleeper.

its ugly baby blue, with rust, and dents and dings, but runs AWESOME ( i guess thats a honda for you)

so my question is, what are some things we can do to it to make it REALLY quick, like a sleeper

dont worry we are all very mechanically inclined.

we want to stay on a budget since the car is free, and we have no intentions of dropping 1000$s of dollars into it, hardly even 100s$ of dollars.

i do realize that parts like headers, ignition systems and fuel systems are expensive, but we want to start on the litte things that make noticible differences.

weve already put a cone filter on it that i found laying in my garage, just put new plugs wires and valve cover gasket on today.

just looking for tips!

thanks guys!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 PM

You say sleeper, this to me means a fast, good handling - machine. So you can blow the doors off a corvette? Let us know what you come up with.

I have thought of Nitrous Oxide Injection, there are some kits that are good and easy. Just that you have to get the bottle filled often. I think in California there might be some restrictions, like...for off road use only. Cal has so many laws...