General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Default Help!!!!

hey guys and gals, need some help from you all, hopefully this site is better than jdm chat i have been waiting for over a week. i have a problem with my 91 accord lx 2.2L. when first starting it from cold it runs just fine tachs just fine after its warm i take it to 5000rpm just smooth, after running for 20-25 minutes it dies, it takes it a few minutes to start again then it runs for a longer period of time doesnt die but runs alittle rough but will not tach no more than 3,500rpm even if i hold it to the floor. when driving it lacks power.
can any of you tuners help me out? anything would be helpful or maybe someone out there hashad this prob. and know what it is? thank you in advance. dave

Old 04-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Does your check engine light turn on while driving? Does the D4 or the S light start flashing when you are driving?

Old 04-27-2010, 12:51 PM

the check engine is on but not sure on D4 or S light flashing?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

The check engine light coming on means the engine computer detected a problem. The D4 or S light flashing would mean the transmission computer detected a problem.

Get a thin paperclip or a piece of wire and short the blue two-pin connector behind the passenger kick panel. Turn key to II position and count the code(s). See: http://www.techautorepairs.com/dtc.html

Count the Check engine light flashes. A long blink =10, short blink=1. So LLLL S=41. If the transmission computer detects a problem, then the D4 or S light (not sure which one on the 91) will flash code(s) as well.

Let us know which code(s) you get and from which light. Once you provide that information, we can give you more specific instructions on what to do next.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:36 PM

have ran the codes but today it wouldnt even fire up, cranked good but nothing. the codes it through was, 13, 16, and 17. 13 in the book says( atmospheric pressure) have checked at dealer or shop. 16 in the book says (fuel injector) check F.I. system. 17 in the book says (vehicle speed sensor) have checked at dealer or shop. is there anyway to get around taking it to a shop, or anything i could do?

Old 05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Does your car have an automatic or a manual transmission? If manual let us know and ignore the D4/S stuff below.

Remove the 7.5 amp radio/backup fuse in the engine bay fuse box for a minute to clear the error codes from the ECU. Put fuse back in. Try to start the car (it may or may not start).

Re-check your codes and post what you find. Also count the D4 or S light flashes. Specify which light (check engine or D4/S) flashed which code.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 AM

cleared the codes now will start and run for only 10 minutes. new and only code is 16?

Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Get a volt meter and unplug each injector electrical connector. Read the resistance across the two pins of each injector. They should all be between 1.5 and 2.5 ohms.

Also, there is one wire color that is the same on all four injector electrical connectors (red/blk on my 95). See if each injector connector has 12V to body ground when the key is in the II position.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:12 PM

i have checked all the injector connecters and they have 2.5ohms resist. and 11.90v,and the common color wire to each injector is red w/ blk stripe

Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

That code 16 is in my 95 shop manual, but not in the 91 shop manual (your generation accord) that you can download.

When the code blinks 16, is the one a long blink or short? The 6 blinks should be short for you to compare. I attached a pic of the length of the codes, so you can see what I mean.

There is a long pause (light off) before a new code comes up.

If there is a short pause after the long flash, then the short flashes are part of the code. Hopefully the pic will make more sense than me right now.

Attached Thumbnails Help!!!!-untitled.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help!!!!