General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 AM
redstriper05
Unregistered
Default HELP!!!

Ok I need some serious help here....I have a 98 accord Ex 2 door V6....here is my problem...about 3 weeks ago my passenger side window stopped working...i mean nothing no clicking no trying to move just dead....so i thought window motors died i just need to replace it....got the new motor hookd it up the the switch and nothing....tested the voltage out of the switch and we were getting power but when it was pushed down or up it was still giving power from both sides...not cutting one side off so that the circuit was reversed...so we hot wired the window motor just to see if it would work and it did(the old motor). So we figured a switch. We hooked everything back up like we had it before and low and behold the window started to work...but then came the other problems. When we turned the key to on where gauges and everything comes on the gauges would spike almost like they were resetting...the key less entry stopped working....the trip milage reader resets everytime...the a/c resets itself...the clock dims in and out...when the key is turned off and the parking/headlight are on they turn off with the key not stay on like they should...there is not theater lighting...the dome light doesnt come on when the door is open...and it is set to door in the center of the dome light...and the power door locks will not working unless the key is turned to the on position....so i checked all the fuses under the hood, drivers box, and passengers box and nothing is blow or burned. I'm thinking maybe a ECU or the cabin control unit?..so if anybody has any ideas or has had a similar problem please help me and let me know something...thanks keaton

P.S we wired them by just claming an almost miniture like jumpercables from the switch to the motor...

Old 05-04-2007, 12:21 PM
redstriper05
Unregistered
Default RE: HELP!!!

anybody??? I mean to really sum it up when the key is off nothing works...when its on engine started or not everything works but the clock, trip meter, and A/C all show like I just reset the battery. Oh ya and the keyless entry never works. Anything at all would be helpful because I am lost

Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP!!!

Hate to say the obvious, but something electrical is messed up on your car.

I'm wondering if all of those systems have a common ground that is loose, or if the ignition switch itself is messed up.

A voltmeter, a Haynes Manual (or a shop manual), and some patience will be necessary. I would test the ignition switch first, since it is something that should be in the Hayne's manual.

You can download an electrical diagram for a 97 accord from http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/ , but might not be the same setup since the 98 is the start of the 6th gen.

Looking at the wiring diagram for the 97, G401, G403, or G405 are all posibilities for bad ground that can cause multiple problems.