General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help!!!!!Car starts up sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Default Help!!!!!Car starts up sometimes

Having another problem with my accord, car only turns on sometimes. In the morning before work it turns right up. but when i get to work (less than 1 mile away) and let it sit for 1 hour or two, it wont start right up any more. The car cranks but just doesnt start up. Acts like it has no gas, but checked fuel injecton and gas is pumping thru. after like 15 min of trying to start it, it does turn on but i noticed that it has a rough start. As the Rpm needle goes up to like 3000/3 the rough start goes away. After the engine is warmed up the car starts right up but if i let it sit for another hour it wont start. Any idea what can be causing this?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Default RE: Help!!!!!Car starts up sometimes

turn the key to the on position just before you start it (when you are having problems) and listen for the fuel pump to pressurize, if you don't hear it kicking on you may have the common main relay problem. Have you checked for spark when you have this issue? How old is your cap/rotor/plugs/wires?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:51 PM

I recently got NEW:fuel pump,Distributor cap,and rotor. Sparkplug wires are the same ones from when i bought the car. I think that the biggest hint i got on what could be the problem is that the engine has a rough start. I beleive it has something to do with that.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

like i said .No year No model in your signature .............. No help from me

Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM

Its a automatic 93 Accord Lx

Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Andz619

Its a automatic 93 Accord Lx
thank you.....

is the chk engine lite on ?? any codes stored in the ecu ?? could be a bad TW sensor ...

Old 02-22-2007, 10:41 PM

Check engine only turns on when i turn the key, but then goes away. Would you happen to know were the TW Sensor is at? Do you think it could be a clog in the gas line or something in that matter?

Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM

TW sensor is your temp sensor.... it's possible that it's your fuel filter but I'd be suprised if that was the issue..

Old 02-23-2007, 03:31 PM

Well i recently changed the fuel filter(less than 500 miles ago) but im gonna see whats up with that TW sensor.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

turn the key to the on position just before you start it (when you are having problems) and listen for the fuel pump to pressurize, if you don't hear it kicking on you may have the common main relay problem. Have you checked for spark when you have this issue? How old is your cap/rotor/plugs/wires?
I think you should do this check -- new pump put on recently? all the more reason

Quick Reply: Help!!!!!Car starts up sometimes