General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with a good estimate on the damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Default Help with a good estimate on the damage?

Not sure I double posted but whatever
Driving through the Bronx expressway and drove over a patch of black ice that made me crash in the divider. Thnk god no one was hurt just a minor bruise on the knee caps. But my front driver side took quite a beating. I need and all the help on figuring out if I can get a fix and what would I need to buy. Cuz I think if it's fixable it would b cheaper to buy the parts then go to my mechanic for labor. Kinda tight on a budget so yea. I might be going getting a eBay bumper that's already painted for 280-300$ silver nhm 700 which I think is the color for the silver accord 4dr right (correct me if I'm wrong about the color code?) And it's a 7th gen honda accord 2006 vp. 2.4l , everything is stock. Still great condition and drives one too. 169k miles and running. Damn snow hate it first time accident on the snow. The hood is misaligned. What problems do u think I can do with that? The left driver side fender, still fixable or should I get another one? Bummer I don't have a car right now gotta commute! Sigh plz any help can get me started on knowing which parts I would have to buy. And also on a tight budget. Any help goes a long guys thnx!!!

Help with a good estimate on the damage?-image-676916425.jpg

Help with a good estimate on the damage?-image-1711116172.jpg

Help with a good estimate on the damage?-image-2289073578.jpg

Help with a good estimate on the damage?-image-1755603094.jpg

Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

The driver's front corner panel is damaged. The front driver's wheel well black plastic splash guard. Obviously the plastic front bumper cover.

I can't tell if the hood is messed up, or just that corner panel. You may want to remove the corner panel and check how the hood rests closed.

The one problem with body damage is what lies underneath. Measuring the distance from the center line of the vehicle to identical bolts on the edge can give you an idea if you have structural damage. The suspension near the collision site should be inspected. Is the front driver's tire visually out of line?

Another option is to get a quote at a body shop to see what they would repair.

As for the paint code, your drivers door jamb should have a sticker with that information.