General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!!! how do i fit a door card?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
joshhocking
Unregistered
Default help!!! how do i fit a door card?

hi people!
im new here and need to know how do i fit a door card on a s reg accord?
its not my car but i have been asked to fit his door card....i no this sounds to be an easy question but its really tricky!
anyone got any help?
thanks
josh

Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Default RE: help!!! how do i fit a door card?

is a door card?
is a s reg accord?

Old 11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
joshhocking
Unregistered

thanks for the warm welcome :s

answer to number 1 is
a door card is the cloth bit on the inside of the door!!

answer to question 2 is
the first letter of the number plate is s so its 1998 i think! and its a honda accord!,

i thought theis was a honda accord forum!???
thanks
josh

Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

#1: I don't think that anyone on here but you has ever used or heard of the term "door card" ..... especially refering to cloth ...... I think that you want the interior color code which is indicated on a sticker inside the driver's door jamb.

#2: What are you talking about?!? The license plate? The VIN #?

Try rewording your questions in plain english and don't make up terminology. Also, list the car info, preferably in a signature. It's either 2 or 4 doors, auto or manual tranny, DX/LX/EX, 4 cylinders or 6.

Also, it's generally not a good idea to start arguements with one of the most helpful people here on your second post.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: joshhocking

i thought theis was a honda accord forum!???
What a way to make an entrance!!!!! If I even had the slightest inclination of what you were talking about, I would not bother to help you after that.

Just like the others have said,?? is a door card? I googled door card and got nothing about whatever you are trying to explain. I next wikipedia'd it and nothing came up. So apparently the terminology you are using is too esoteric for us haf people.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:48 AM
joshhocking
Unregistered

FORGET IT!!!!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

England?
I think license plates stay with the car forever, and they indicate the model-year of the car.
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to his actual question.
Probably too late for me to say welcome to the new guy.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:53 AM
joshhocking
Unregistered

thanks jimblake! at least someone knows what there on about!!!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:44 AM

We suffer from different terminolgy like bonnet (hood), boot (trunk), etc. Give us another chance at what you are attempting to do.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

A couple of things i would like to say

First and foremost,, to all of our members ..
If we do not understand what a person is asking there is no need to use the (WTF ) language ,it does not seem very friendly and it is not very respectful ,, I am sure we can find a more cordial way to ask another member what they are talking about ,,, don't you ??

# 2,, Josh,, sorry that your experience here at this time was not a pleasant one ,,hopefully it will be much better in the future .

# 3 ,, Being at another country , we use different terminology to describe different things ,
we use the Vin# to find out the year of the car ,, as for myself i have no clue of what the S accord meant ,, and i have never heard the terminology ( door card ) ..and i have been working on Hondas for almost 30 years ...
are you saying that the door panel cloth is loose and needs to be reglued ??

And lastly which I am sure infuriated some of the members here including myself ,, is that they did not take very kindly of your follow up comments ( i thought theis was a honda accord forum!??? ). Josh...This is a Honda accord forum ,with many very knowledgeble members and we take a lot of pride in it ,,

Hopefully we can put this little misunderstanding behind us and help you with your needs wether at this time or in the future

Quick Reply: help!!! how do i fit a door card?