General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please.....Idle Problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Default Help Please.....Idle Problem.....

Help Please

I have a 98 stock accord ex 4cyl.

I try to clean my throttle body today by spraying some cleaners and after that, my engine almost did not start, it was chocking when starting. After it starts, my engine starts to idle up and down, not steady at all. Then it throw a check engine light on with code P0505 (idle air control system malfuntion) and P1399, (not sure what this code is). I did my research and 2 things comes up, either it's a vacumn leak or the IACV is bad.

Does the IACV not like the throttle body cleaner? How can a vacumn leak occur when all I did was remove the intake tube and spray the throttle body. I did not disconnect anything else.

So I went ahead and replace the IACV and the idle seems to be a little more steady but still does intermittant idle going up and down between 1000 -2000rpm after I put it in park after driving. The engine does not throw a check engine light but I went ahead and take a reading and it show a pending code of P0505, which is the same code I have before replacing the IACV. There is a flat head screw on top of the throttle body which I think control the idle speed so I went and turn it clockwise all the way and the idle went down just below the 1000 rmp mark. This help the idle more but it still have the idle problem. The idle problem does not occur when I am in gear, now only in park sometime after doing all that.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Any help is appreciated!!!