General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help, running lights bulb change

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Smile help, running lights bulb change

i wanna change the current yellow color bulb running lights i have into these ones, what do you think ?
can somebody also explain me which one are the fog lights in my model 09 accord ex , sorry for being so dumb lol

Old 12-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

If you get 9005 LED bulbs, you will essentially lose the use of your highbeams, as the usable light output of the LED bulbs will not be comparable to the highbeams.

The North American Accords uses the halogen high beams on a low brightness setting for DRL. The DRL system includes the driver’s multiplex integrated control unit (MICU), the passenger MICU, the left and right high beam headlights, and the DRL indicator. The DRL operates with the ignition switch ON (II), the headlights off (headlight switch OFF or in the parking position), and the parking brake released.

When the DRL are on, the MICU turns the high beam headlight control circuit on and off (duty cycle), which provides a reduced voltage (approximately 6-8 volts) to the high beam headlights (via the No. 1 and No. 28 fuses in the driver’s under-dash fuse/relay box and the No.1 fuse in the passenger’s under-dash ruse/relay box); the high beam headlights come on with reduced brightness.

If your EX is a 4 cylinder, they don't have fog lights; unless, it was the add-on Honda accessory. The replacement fog light bulb for the accessory was a H11 bulb.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Newest Of Newbies

thank you very much redbull-1 you are extremely helpful , so what would you recommend, on what hids, should i get ?

Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

If you are referring to aftermarket HIDs for the low beam, I have no recommendations.

In regards to high beams; generally, HIDs are not recommended. You will get the flickering in DRL mode, due to the reduced voltage described in my previous post. The flickering and/or turning on and off will probably result in reduced HID life span. Even if you disabled DRL mode, HID bulbs still need to warm up time to be high beams; so, you would not have high beams immediately. If you were ever to flash the HIDs as high beams, it would also probably be detrimental to the life of the bulbs.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies

once again, thank you very much with this helpful information i dont think i would chase the idea of installing hids, thanks, to be honest this is what im planning to do it my self in my accord
- 50% tint windows
- back up camera installation
- front grill leds installation, 2 strips underneath the middle line of the front grill

any input will be great, thanks a lot !