General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hii guys i am new

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 PM
accord1995
Unregistered
Default hii guys i am new

hi everyone i am new here, and i just recently bought a honda accord 1995 manuel 2.2litre anyway. i was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on what to do to the car from the exterior like for example what sought of rims would suit that car and approxametly how much they would be, and what springs i should get to make the car sit nicely and how much they would approxametly cost. i really like the car but i just want to make it look a bit better is well (a head turner) anyway any help or opinions would really really be appriciated thanks guys..

Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: hii guys i am new

welcome to the forum. Post some pics when you get a chance.

There are a number of options for you. Look through the members pictures to get some ideas, and spend a little time searching. Many questions have been asked before, and there is a load of info out there.

How is the paint on your car? Any rust? Does it have alloys now?

Old 07-28-2007, 10:26 PM
accord1995
Unregistered
Default thanks

yer thanks mate. nah the car is in pretty good condition i was actually surprised with the paint on it. the paint looks new although it has never been resprayed it's in good condition. yer i will post pic when i get the car because the guy still has to get registration and roadworthy on the car because its just been sitting in his garage for a year and a half so yerr. the paint colour is like dark green. alright thanks again man..

Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Default RE: thanks

As for the rims 17 and 18 inch wheels seem to look the best. There are many different lowering suggestion in the suspension area of the forum.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 AM

that's a long time to sit...has it at least been started every month or so? tires might be shot if it hasnt moved.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:26 PM
accord1995
Unregistered

Yer it has been sitting there for a long time but that’s why it has only done 130 000kms. Your right the tires are flat. Well the owner of the car told me that he started it every Saturday and when I started it, it started first shot, idling nicely and everything.
Anyway sorry for the stupid questions but im new to the Honda’s. But is it rear to find a Honda accord 1995 vtec, with leather interior and a sunroof? And are the vtec accords faster then the other accords?
Once again thanks.
(can’t wait to get the car I should hopefully be getting the call this afternoon yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Old 07-29-2007, 06:16 PM

the excitement is contagious...i rermember the feeling when i got my 94. course that was in 96.

It is not rare. All EX accords came with the vtec motor. Sounds like you have an EX-L.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:34 PM
accord1995
Unregistered

EX? I’m not 100% sure on this but I think I remember seeing a VTi badge at the back of this car. And I thought only the VTi’s come in vtec. Ohhh im confused lol. Well if it is an EX like you say would you know what the difference is between the EX and VTi?
thanks

Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM

where are you located? i am not familiar with specs outside the us. what you described would be an ex-l here. and would have vtec

Old 07-29-2007, 07:41 PM

I've never heard of VTi either. Could be a trim offered in Austalia (I see in your profile you're from Melbourne.) VTEC in the 1995's has about 15 more HP than non-VTEC. I think Honda put the VTEC in about 45% of the 4 cyl models (all EX trims in the US.)

Quick Reply: hii guys i am new