General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord 04 monitors not incomplete

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

P0341 is a serious problem indicating the PCM has detected incorrect phase relationship (timing) between camshafts and crankshaft. This can be caused by a loose timing chain. It can be a problem w/ the VTC actuator solenoid or may require a new chain and/or new chain tensioner.

It can be expensive to investigate and repair.

It is likely the reason that emission system checks will not complete, but I could not find any statements to that effect in shop manual.

A shop manual is suggested if you intend to DIY. check automanualsource.com for an emanual.

good luck

Old 01-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hipramodbhu
My car has to pass emission test.
Resolve the P0341 code first, after that reset the PCM to clear that code. Then go through the drive cycles it takes to set the "readiness codes".

You are going to have to take care of the 0341 before doing anything else.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks, I have another issue related to instrument cluster. I tried to open fixed light problem in dash board. By doing this, MY rpm needle is not coming at right indication while scan is showing correct while acceleration and rpm needle is also moving but its not showing correct at position.Is there any setting I need to do for needle?

Old 01-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Do I need change water pump during timing chain replacement? Is this going more additional more cost? If I do not change whether its going to break?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

No, the water pump does not need to be changed during the timing chain replacement.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks a lot. Do you have any idea how muct cost for replacement of timing chain? Is there any grauantee that will fixed P0341 code and O2, Cat and EGR monitors not ready?

Old 01-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi,
One guy explained that following
The 2.4L 4Cylinder in the Accord has a chain designed to last the life of the engine, and it is self adjusting.
Looks like its not timing issue problem then. It may be something else casing these errors.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hipramodbhu
Hi,
One guy explained that following
The 2.4L 4Cylinder in the Accord has a chain designed to last the life of the engine, and it is self adjusting.
Looks like its not timing issue problem then. It may be something else casing these errors.
No. The timing chain is designed to last the life of the engine, under normal conditions. However, the P0341 is generally related to a damaged or stretched chain. Low oil levels or dirty oil is usually the cause. In addition, the auto-tensioner relies on oil pressure.

There are many Honda cases of P0341 due to a stretched chain. You can do a google search and see a lot of them. Even this forum and other Honda forums have many threads on it.

See an attached excerpt from a Honda Service News article regarding P0341.

Last edited by redbull-1; 01-15-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: image removed
Old 01-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Post P0341 code issue

I went Honda Dealer. They said that they will take 3 hrs to diagnostics and they will confirm whether its timing chain issue. If that timing chain issue then they will take 6 hrs repair. After that they will see if this problem is going or not. I am not sure if they do not say this is 100% problem. Its costing me $850. Please suggest em what to do next if this timing chain problem get fixed but still same problem.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:13 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have taken to dealer. They said that its timing issue. Its cost me $1500 to fix this problem. They asked me to replace following parts.
1. ARM, CAM CHAIN Tesnioner
2. Chain (176L) (DAIDO)
3. GUIDE, CAM CHAIN
4. Tensioner ASSY, CAM CHAIN
5. Actuator ASSY VTC (46T)
My car is running without any problem and sound. Do I need to replace this parts mandatory?

Quick Reply: Honda Accord 04 monitors not incomplete