General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord 2000 V6 3.0 Vtec

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 05:44 PM
FISA
Unregistered
Default Honda Accord 2000 V6 3.0 Vtec

Hi Guys....

Finally ...a dedicated forum....

Anyways...guys here is my dilema...

I got about 110,000 miles on it now.....an year and half back.....once in a blue moon ...when i tried to start the car
it would fire up.....chug ...and then die..... I would try it a couple time until finally it would start again....
once it started then I wouldnt see the problem again till months....

But now.....this problem is happening more often....and I have noticed some symptoms as well.....
Now it happens if I ever have to drive rough or accelerate really fast.....the car will run fine
but then when the next time around you try to start it ...it will chug and die....except now it will
never start up again on its on...it will keep firing up ...chugging and dying....
so to get it going...I have to press on the gas and bring the RPM up a lil ( which chugs as if an injector was blown or something)
then..I put my foot on the brake....release the gas quick....shift to D4....then use the brake as if it were a clutch to get it going...
once it gets going....then its fine....and will drive fine....until i am a lil hard on acceleration again....

What the hell could be wrong guys...if I can get an idea that would be great..

oh yeah and a couple times this happened...and I press my accelerator to bring up the RPM a lil so that it
doesnt die...the Check Engine Light flashes....and then stays on....

Checked the codes...and it states that each of the six cylinders have misfired....but once the car start running
fine....after a few starts...the check engine light resets itself.....

I am really really frustrated with this!!!

Old 04-22-2005, 11:56 PM
Default RE: Honda Accord 2000 V6 3.0 Vtec

I understand your frustration and wish I had some wisdom to offer. There is only so much you can "guess at" the rest of the time you pay the price and take it to the dealer or a Honda shop.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:45 PM

Okay we also own a 2000 ex v6 3.0 liter Vtec (I refer to her as my stock beast) anyways I was driving as was as empty as could be. So i filled up then went to Cold stone. GOt my b-day cake remix (really good) and then went to my beast. Fired her up and then she died. Happened a few times and so I (similar to you) jsut kept her revved up for a while with the gas and was on a hilll so i was able to nuetral my way outta the parking spot and then at light slip her into nuetral and keep her up. About 5 miles later I tested her and she was fine and enver did it again. I ahve no idea what happened but think it may of been a result of being so low on fuel.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:43 PM

if you getting all cyl misfire code - you have a serious problem dude.

replace ignition rotor and ignition rotor cap - and/or how long ago did you replace it?

how long ago did you do tune up?

also - 110 K miles - have you done the timing service?? this could be the problem

basically what i'm asking - what is your service history??

Old 10-29-2005, 06:26 PM
coombs
Unregistered

Hey FISA,

I have the exact same car (140K) and I am now having the EXACT same problem you describe.

Did you get it fixed? What was it?

I am going to try fuel filter....as I have not yet checked the codes....so not sure if it is missfiring, it just dies.

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2007, 11:39 AM
2000h.accord
Unregistered

I know it has been a long time since anyone responded this (2005), but it is the BP gas....ever fill up with that? I have a 2000 Accord and the same thing happened to me. Then, I was told BP gas doesn't sit well with Hondas. I haven't had any problems with that since...(knock on wood).

Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM

Same issue with mine...

Changed ignition coils, spark plugs, replaced egr valve and cleaned Egr ports, changed fuel rail (was told by my local Honda dealership it's "vapor locking and the fuel rails needed replacement)- not true, and just passed inspection before the check engine light came back on! Still don't know what the deal is.. Any other updates or thing I should be checking for?
Thanks!!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mike - What codes are you getting?

Also I see you are just south of me

Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Hey Poorman212, sorry for the delayed response.
I am getting p0301, p0302 and p304- cylinders 1,2 and4 misfiring and p0300 random cylinder misfire.
I know I have to change my water pump now because its starting to leak at the weep holes, but that doesn't trip the check engine light.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Fuel pump

Quick Reply: Honda Accord 2000 V6 3.0 Vtec