General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda dealership is screwing me over

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda dealership is screwing me over

What recourse do I have with unsatisfactory service?
I just purchased my 2010 Accord in June- I'm having problems & no one is willing to help me.
They say they will call me back- nothing and now they aren't returning emails?

Anyone go through this?
What do I do?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

You haven’t said what happened? What is the problem with your Accord and did you bring it in for service?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 PM

go to dealer and ask to speak to service and or general manager to adress your issues ,,,,,,,,,,,if still not satisfied ,,,give these people a call ............But like Kris asked ,, what is the issue (s) ??

http://automobiles.honda.com/informa...relations.aspx

Last edited by deserthonda; 07-16-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The navigation system doesn't work very well.
It doesn't show a lot of local business- established ones- doesn't work well with voice commands.

So I took it in and a service guy got in the car with me and we started playing with the navigation system. Plugging in destinations that we knew were established and would be in the system- nothing.

Did it again & again & again- nothing
Played around with the voice- nothing

Started driving around going to various places that we plugged in- hit/miss.
Bottom line not at all reliable- he even agreed.
As for the other problems of not recognizing voice commands and many destinations, he said he didn't know what to tell me other than it doesn't seem to work that well.

I told the manager & the finance person & my sales associate that I paid $2000 for this & it's almost unusable. That if it were a portable unit & I purchased it somewhere I would return it.
So I asked what could be done- they said not much at this point.
I said no- that's not satisfactory. I put out $2000 extra for this which I haven't paid for yet and I want something done- put in a new one- or return the car & give me one without a navigation system-or refund my $2000- or take back the car or something else that I haven't thought of- nothing.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 AM

You have a difficult problem as what is the norm. If all the new ones have the same issue then the dealership is going to have to rely on Honda to provide a solution. I used to work at a Honda Dealership and the service department is most likely waiting on a response. I wouldn’t get upset they will take care of it.

Dealerships have many layers and that makes things complicated. I would just deal with service and your salesman.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

When I went into the dealership - as I was talking to the manager- he put his hands up to his face & started walking away from me saying that I have to spend a lot of time learning the navigation system. He walked into a room & left me standing there.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Question And Then

Originally Posted by cakemix
When I went into the dealership - as I was talking to the manager- he put his hands up to his face & started walking away from me saying that I have to spend a lot of time learning the navigation system. He walked into a room & left me standing there.
Gee-Whiz..that's when I would have demanded to see the owner of that fine dealership from wench you purchase that fine car from..Go talk to the Owner..if he wont satisfy you ---go to small claims court for satisfaction...

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM

There are two technical service bulletins (TB’s) on using the navigation system, so there is an issue of some type.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Not sure if the "Lemon Law" applies to this, but it is worth a shot.

I had a similar problem with a dealer ( non-Honda ) that would not fix a warranty issue so I made up a large sign made up like a lemon and parked outside the dealership on a busy weekend. The sales manager came out quickly and threatened to call the police which I told him would bring more attention to the problem. Needless to say they fixed the car and gave me a free loaner for life not pull that stunt again.

Nobody likes bad publicity, even if it's free

Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by kris_loehr
There are two technical service bulletins (TB’s) on using the navigation system, so there is an issue of some type.
where can I find this TB?

Quick Reply: Honda dealership is screwing me over