General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Drive Cycle - What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Default Honda Drive Cycle - What is this?

Is anybody familiar with a "drive cycle?"

I live in New York, and wasn't able to pass the emissions test. I recently had the battery replaced. As such, the car's computer didn't provide any reading for the three tests associated with emissions. Some research seems to indicate I must complete a "drive-cycle" before the computer will register emissions information.

The test station suggested I drive about 75 miles, and then come back. At this point, I'm driving with a 10 day time-extension on the emissions test, so I want to have everything OK before getting a re-test.

Happy New Year to everybody out there who is always so helpful.

Robert

Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 19962door
Is anybody familiar with a "drive cycle?"

I live in New York, and wasn't able to pass the emissions test. I recently had the battery replaced. As such, the car's computer didn't provide any reading for the three tests associated with emissions. Some research seems to indicate I must complete a "drive-cycle" before the computer will register emissions information.

The test station suggested I drive about 75 miles, and then come back. At this point, I'm driving with a 10 day time-extension on the emissions test, so I want to have everything OK before getting a re-test.

Happy New Year to everybody out there who is always so helpful.

Robert
This is pretty normal for all modern cars regardless of manufacturer; swap the battery and lose the stored codes (if any). Drive seventy-five to a hundred miles and everything should be ready for an inspection.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
This is pretty normal for all modern cars regardless of manufacturer; swap the battery and lose the stored codes (if any). Drive seventy-five to a hundred miles and everything should be ready for an inspection.
OK - thanks.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Check out this thread. There's some specific things that have to happen during the driving cycles, so it's not always as simple as driving xxx miles. Your 1996 probably has a little simpler requirements, but just so you get an idea what's going on.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...s-codes-28313/