General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Honda motor mount oem manufacturer?

Old 09-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Honda motor mount oem manufacturer?

Does anyone have an idea on which mfg makes the Honda motor mounts?

The rear mount for A/T cars has the vacuum diaphram with two-stage damping, and the Honda brand is incredibly expensive at over $200 street price.

In comparison, aftermarket brands range from $30-100, but some do not have the damping adjustment, and there are too many recommendations against getting aftermarket mounts due to excessive stiffness producing a noticably harsher ride.

I was hoping to find mounts sold by the OEM mfg because they would usually be priced significantly less ... but I can't find this information anywhere.

If you have any ideas of which mfgs supply mounts, or even just rubber components (bushings, etc) to Honda, that might help point me in the right direction.

Thanks. John

Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

rockauto is a good site for aftermarket, or tas auto for 90-02 accords. I don't know who makes the OEM unit, but they may have a suggestion for a quality aftermarket part.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Because of this issue (reported excess stiffness of aftermarket mounts), I opted for a used mount when I replaced mine chasing a "vibration under acceleration" problem. Problem turned out to be poor quality aftermarket replacement cv axles. No problems w/ used mount. They are readily available on ebay and car-part.com.

good luck

Old 09-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by PAhonda
rockauto is a good site for aftermarket, or tas auto for 90-02 accords. I don't know who makes the OEM unit, but they may have a suggestion for a quality aftermarket part.
Rockauto, Partsgeek, Autohausaz -- have several brands of aftermarket units. Right now I don't see postings from anyone that leads me to trust those to be a decent replacement for the front/back rotational mounts.

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Because of this issue (reported excess stiffness of aftermarket mounts), I opted for a used mount when I replaced mine chasing a "vibration under acceleration" problem. Problem turned out to be poor quality aftermarket replacement cv axles. No problems w/ used mount. They are readily available on ebay and car-part.com.

good luck
I was considering that as an option. Used mounts are in the $40-50 range, quite a cry from $230-250 for a new OEM mount.

My concern was that they are as old as the one I am replacing, so wouldn't their rubber be just as hard, or be onlya year or two from failing? (e.g. when we bought our car a couple of years back, neither motor mount was failing)

Old 09-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Rubber does age in some locations where heat/ozone are present. However I haven't seen any problems w/ my used mount. Any used part carries a higher risk of premature failure. Replacing rear mount is a fair effort, 3-4 hrs for me, so some justification for a new OEM product.

good luck

Old 11-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Looks like it's NOK Brand. The 'K' looks a bit like a 'C' with a vertical line on the left side, which threw me off when trying to read the sloppy white stamp on the top. But the vacuum unit has it clearly labelled.

From the top stamp in these photos it looks like there are at least two part numbers -- NOK70207 and NOK30107.

Neither part number shows up on a Google search for me. Searching for NOK homda mounts brings up a few mounts but not much for the Accord.

It would be great if we could locate a source for these mounts under the NOK label at a price better than OEM.

Attached Thumbnails Honda motor mount oem manufacturer?-img_1238.jpg   Honda motor mount oem manufacturer?-img_1240.jpg   Honda motor mount oem manufacturer?-mount1.jpg  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:22 AM

Here is a less expensive place to get OEM Honda parts. I am not sure what car you have or the engine size so I don't know the exact part you are looking for.

Especially on motor mounts I have had nothing but trouble with AM mounts.

And some of the cheap mounts that are supposed to be fluid filled are just solid. A clear case of you get what you pay for.

HondaPartsOnline

Last edited by redbull-1; 11-08-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: No live sales links allowed.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Of all the OEM discount shops I've found parts.com to have the lowest prices. I buy a lot from CurryAcura though since they tend to have lower shipping prices.

I've seen hondapartsonline.com around, but the site is currently red-listed so I can't get in.

In general, though, the OEM prices are only going to be discountable by a certain amount. Beyond that, the OEM supplier will often have their own labelled product at a further discount, often half the price or less.

The OEM front mount (50840-SV4-980) was only $35 so I did not mind buying it vs looking for the OEM supplier mount for maybe in the $20 range.

The OEM rear mount (50810-SV4-J82), however, is $240 standard discount price, and aftermarket mounts are all well under $100. That's a much bigger price gap to swallow. And considering used OEM mounts sell in the $20-40 range, it gets pretty hard to justify forking out the extra $$ for this one part.

Last edited by jkowtko; 11-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:37 PM

jkowtko, so which brand mount(s) did you get, and how did it workout for you? I need some for my ’97 Accord LX non-VTEC 2.2L with AT.

I also agree… it seems to me that someone out there must work for the OEM motor mount supplier and be willing to give up the much hidden secret of who they are. I used to work for a Federal-Mogul plant and we supplied gaskets to engine assembly plants for Toyota, Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc. Our joint venture in the same building supplied Honda. Check out this link to the front mount for my car (https://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-1...cm_rdp_product). Look at B/A’s note in the item description: “Beck Arnley partners with other manufacturers to supply the parts your car was originally built with. This product is in a Beck Arnley package, however the part may have been manufactured by an independent Beck Arnley supplier.” Then, look closely at the yellow label in the item’s pic (it has DEA written on it). Question is: is B/A lying about partnering "with other manufacturers to supply the parts your car was originally built with"?

Also, a reviewer on Amazon for the rear mount from DEA said it even came with the NOK vac solenoid that their original did. Interesting that they gave it a bad review because they said that same vac solenoid wouldn't hold vacuum.

Last edited by mrau92me; 06-24-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I found a one-off Corteco mount for the tranny side that someone was selling as excess inventory for $15 plus shipping, so I bought that and installed it. I can't say that it is any better or worse than the original one that was on the car. I looked up Corteco mounts ... they make them for several Japanese cars, but I couldn't find anything online.

Otherwise this is all still a mystery. Your find of DEA sounds interesting ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda motor mount oem manufacturer?