General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Honda Music Link

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Default Honda Music Link

I recently installed a Honda OEM ipod adapter in my 06. The software that comes with it has the capability of Text-To-Speach(TTS), howevever it doesn't seem to work correctly. For instance it will TTS a band name say "Phish" then start to play a song from a Sublime album. Also the features of using disk position 1 & 2, don't seem to work at all. Any one using one of these adapters?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Honda Music Link

i bought one, but never installed it. what do the instructions / online faq's say?

Old 05-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Well the software integrates with i-tunes to add TTS info to you're ipod, I have been through the book/and music link website from honda and quite frankly just doesn't seem to work correctly. It does do TTS, just doesn't organize songs correctly . The only install problem that I was came across when installing this is if you have an EX trim accord, the radio comes with Sat. radio. The Sat. radio uses the aux plug in the back of the radio, however the ipod adapter also uses this same plug. When looking on line there was a diff in adapter price for the lx,ex models of 15 bucks($199 lx, $215 ex), I now believe that the extra 15 bucks is possible a y-cable or something that would allow you to use 2 aux (Sat & ipod adapter/cd changer) instead of just one. So if anyone is using the Sat radio and considering geting the ipod adapter be aware this situation, it is fustrating to take the dash apart a realize that there are no empty plugs to plug the adapter into, scratched my head for about an hour trying to figure it out.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Thanks for the heads up on that. I have an SE, so that shouldnt impact me if I decide to install it.

The reason I didnt install it is just what you're describing. I read a few reviews of it after I had purchased (I tend to impulse buy from time to time), and saw that there were issues with it. I may just Ebay it in hopes of getting something back from it.