General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

hood always open accord 96

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Default hood always open accord 96

hi! i have this habit of opening and leaving the hood openof my accord 96 after i used it
is this bad?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hood always open accord 96

Doesn't it get in the way of your vision while you're driving?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:58 PM

I'm assuming that you mean it's just not latched all the way down? if that's the case then the only real risk you have (big risk by the way) is that while driving down the road if the wind catches it right it could rip it up/open and then you can't see, trashed hood, pulls up the fender wells etc.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry I just felt like being a wisea&& there.

Yeah, if you're talking about the hood not getting completely latched, maybe you should adjust the latch. There's probably mounting bolts on the latch bracket so you can adjust it's position. Then there's also probably some rubber stops that can twist up or down to help the hood fit & latch properly.

You REALLY don't want to find out what happens when your hood flies open at 60mph.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Sorry I just felt like being a wisea&& there.

Yeah, if you're talking about the hood not getting completely latched, maybe you should adjust the latch. There's probably mounting bolts on the latch bracket so you can adjust it's position. Then there's also probably some rubber stops that can twist up or down to help the hood fit & latch properly.

You REALLY don't want to find out what happens when your hood flies open at 60mph.
I totally agree with Jim.......especially the last part ((( You REALLY don't want to find out what happens when your hood flies open at 60mph. )))

No offense but it is INEXCUSABLE ,,,, any other habits you have when working on your car ?? forgetting to tighten the wheels ?? if you admit of leaving the hood open make extra sure that it is closed after working on your car ,,, closing the hood should be as easy to remember as putting tooth paste on the tooth brush when brushing your teeth ,
leaving the hood open can kill you and or the people in the car behind you and that's no joke ...SO from now on make extra sure that it is fully closed
Now if it does not close because it needs to be repaired than do it ASAP ...beforte somebody will get hurt

Old 01-31-2007, 03:11 AM
Administrator

And I agree with everyone else putting in there 2 cents worth and that is to Close The Dang Hood....jezzzz!

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-31-2007, 08:13 AM

guys! you got me all wrong what i meant was when ever i park the car not during driving (engine off!) while im in my office[&:]

Old 01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Thenthe only problem I can think ofis wondering who's gonna steal stuff off your engine. Maybe sudden rainstorms??

Old 01-31-2007, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: juanortanez031278

guys! you got me all wrong what i meant was when ever i park the car not during driving (engine off!) while im in my office[&:]
Please be more clear! Are you saying the hood pops open by itself? You open it while at work and forget to close it? It opens by itself while you are parked? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING??????

Old 01-31-2007, 04:41 PM

leaving your hood open when it's parked helps keep out squirrels and mice in the woods but I see no advantage to it when you're in a parking lot, unless you like working with insurance companies on replacing stolen items... then it's just training I guess...

Quick Reply: hood always open accord 96