General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove the trunk deck (in a coupe)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
TheBlackOne
Unregistered
Default How to remove the trunk deck (in a coupe)?

I had my windows tinted and they guy didn't do the best job on the back window but said if I wanted it without the cutout for the brake light I had to remove the deck on my own. Is there a DIY on how to get this out the right way without breaking clips etc?

Thanks in advance!

-Tanner

Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Default RE: How to remove the trunk deck (in a coupe)?

My friend, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Random words:
Deck
Cutout
Brake light

Knowns:
Tinted rear window
Simpons
Thanked in advance

Assumptions:
Some kind of coupe
Wants to tint brake lights?

Ohhhh, I see from your profile you have a new one! That's fancy.

You'll have to be more specific man

Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Uh, Hobbin, the tint shop didn't cut around the brake light when they tinted the rear window, so the rear brake light is tinted, not good.

As far as I know, the metal part of the deck is welded in. The carpet part on top I have tried to remove, but with no luck.

Also, your post was clear and I understood all of it... I don't know what Hobbin is smoking.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 PM
TheBlackOne
Unregistered

Yeah, I thought it was clearly written. Anyway....bump for anyone else that might know?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 AM

Might help if you post your model and year. Um, you can remove the third brake light (if that's what I assume you are talking about) from inside the trunk. I had to do that once when I had to remove the tint from my Accord.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Yeah you could just trace the brake light, remove the brake light and cut out the tint...

Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 AM

DING! You're talking about the brake light inside the cabin. I still don't know what a deck is. I have a deck, but it plays music when I press some buttons.

But man, if I was paying for someone to do a tint job, I'd hope they could cut out a darn brake light!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
TheBlackOne
Unregistered

Ok allow me to clarify some things....

The rear deck (by deck I mean flat area like a deck of a house) is the flat area behind the rear seats under the back window. There is a brake light there. I currently have it cut out. I complained that there is a gap above it of no tint because their template sucked. I want to tint the entire window, so yes the tint would cover the brake light (not that is should affect visibility when the light goes on.

It's an 08....and I swore this is the Honda Accord forum....so lets put 2 and 2 together.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TheBlackOne

I had my windows tinted and they guy didn't do the best job on the back window but said if I wanted it without the cutout for the brake light I had to remove the deck on my own. Is there a DIY on how to get this out the right way without breaking clips etc?

Thanks in advance!

-Tanner
Hmm... it's funny how you think we can't add, but yet you failed to mention the gap above the deck. A) Figure out how to remove the deck, I still haven't. I had my 95 completely ripped apart, the only way the deck came out was by destroying it. B) Take it back to the shop and have them fix it or get a portion of your money back. C) Live with it.