General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydro-Locked or seized engine??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:24 AM

Yea I saw that video already lol. I jut don't want to turn it and somehow the bolt comes loose. I think I am just going to get the engine rebuilt in the future when I am ready. This car wasn't going to be driven anyway for about 1 year until I am ready to pay for it under my own name and insurance.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Vipers4Life
Yea I saw that video already lol. I jut don't want to turn it and somehow the bolt comes loose. .

the bolt is not going to come loose..you need a lot more than that to loosen up those crank pulley bolts .......turn it clockwise to spin the engine

Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Ok thanks for your help! I will try this once I can get it to my garage which will be a challenge since the front brake pads are gone to the point that the calipers practically rub against the rotors lol. I am gonna need a lot of people to push this thing.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 PM

i thought that you bought this car from a dealer.........and pads are gone ?? car dealers cannot ( should not ) sell a car with brakes less than 40-50 % , it is for a safety reason .. i would make the dealer install new brakes and rotors if they are damages..

Old 07-31-2009, 04:53 PM

I was thinking about this (being an insurance guy):
Do you have physical damage coverage on the car? I think insurance might pay for something like this. Technically it is "flood" in my opinion. Flooded roads caused water to get into the engine. You did not add the CAI, it was already on the car when you bought it. Just a thought.....

Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 AM

There is no insurance for the car I think. Pretty much I mentioned this to my stepdad and he said there is nothing they can do. The car was sold AS IS, which means after it leaves the lot, it is in no way their problem anymore. There is no 30 day thing.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by deserthonda
the bolt is not going to come loose..you need a lot more than that to loosen up those crank pulley bolts .......turn it clockwise to spin the engine
Are you sure? Prelude (H-series engine) should spin counter-clockwise when you view the crankshaft pulley.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vipers4Life
There is no insurance for the car I think. Pretty much I mentioned this to my stepdad and he said there is nothing they can do. The car was sold AS IS, which means after it leaves the lot, it is in no way their problem anymore. There is no 30 day thing.
I understand there will be no help from the car lot. What I mean is: Do you have any insurance on the Prelude? If you did not add it to your policy yet, the vast majority of personal auto insurance policies will cover "newly purchased autos" for a period of time (usually 30 days). The coverage will be the same as whatever you already have on the policy.
I'm just saying: there could be some financial help for you out there. You just have to look for it. Do you have full coverage on your Accord?
Normally car lots will not allow you to drive the vehicle off the lot without providing proof of insurance (at least the state law required liability insurance)

Old 08-09-2009, 01:44 PM

Ok I now have the front of my car on jack stands. With the car in neutral I was easily able to turn the wheel. And while it turned the other turned in the opposite direction which I am pretty sure is good. Then when I put the car in gear the wheel still turned like it was in neutral which I am sure that is not right. I tried it in 1st and reverse and both did the same thing. Then I tried to turn the crank but I couldn't even get it to budge a bit. I don't have a breaker bar at the moment but I tried using a regular socket with an extension and one of those 4-way socket bars and had absolutely no budge at all. I am not going to bother with insurance at all. That stuff is over with. It's just me and the car lol. Thanks for the advice thought about the insurance.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Are you sure? Prelude (H-series engine) should spin counter-clockwise when you view the crankshaft pulley.
Jim ,when engine is running they do go counter clockwise ,BUT he is worried about loosening up the crank bolt by turning it by hand ( no way that it will happen ) but ,, that bolt is rt handed thread so by turning it clockwise it will go toward tightening it up and not loosing it up ,, making him feel safer ...

Quick Reply: Hydro-Locked or seized engine??