General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling problem - Honda Avancier (Accord engine?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:10 AM
tonybennettnz
Unregistered
Default Idling problem - Honda Avancier (Accord engine?)

Hi, I have a problem with my 2000, 2.2ltr Avancier-(think it has an Accord VTec engine and only made for japanese market). It has 90,000kms on the clock and has recently been almost cutting out when I stop at intersections. I have to keep revving the engine otherwise it would stall. It makes no difference if the air-conn is on or off (a little better if it's on actually) No warning lights on the dash. I have taken it to the garage and they tried to adjust the idling speedstripped down part of the engine and cleaned itbut it is still doing it $650 later. I don't know if they know what the problem is - can anybody help - it's driving me insane. Thank you

Old 09-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Idling problem - Honda Avancier (Accord engine?)

Hi Tony...welcome to the forums..
Happy to have you here with us..

I moved this to this forum because you posted it in the wrong forum..make sure you read the rules of all the forum and post in the correct forum at the same time..

See you around:
WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

The idle air control valve (IACV) controls idle speed by allowing air to bypass the throttle plate. If bypass passages, IACV, or throttle plate are covered w/ dirt & oil from PCV reverse flow you get no idle air bypass and very low idle speed. A little grime around the throttle plate and it wont idle at all. A good cleaning (throttle body cleaner) of throttle plate, bore, IACV, and bypass ports should improve the situation. Make sure the IACV is functional (12V should cause the valve to open).

good luck

Old 09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
tonybennettnz
Unregistered

Thank you very much. Really appreciate it