General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

If your AC control buttons don't light up and AC doesn't work, replace all capacitors

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 06:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default If your AC control buttons don't light up and AC doesn't work, replace all capacitors

I have a 2001 Accord LX V6 3.0 and a few weeks ago the AC buttons stopped working while I was driving, they would come back on for a few minutes and I could use my AC but than go off. I tried the jumper wire mod that people talk about but it didn't work. on the circuit board for the AC controls there were 5 nichicon capacitors. I replaced all of them and I now have full continuous control of the AC and the lights came back on. there was 1 capacitor that I replaced that the new one was half the size, it might be because it was a low ESR capacitor, I'm not sure, so I went up to the next size voltage and it was about the same size as the old one. All you need to do is match the capacitance ( uf , micro farad) and the voltage. if you can afford it buy real Nichicon capacitors at mouser.com or digikey, etc. Just heat one leg and apply a tilting pulling motion until both legs come out. Please if you try this report back your results after testing