General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Interior lights will not come on PLEASE HELP

Old 07-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Default Interior lights will not come on PLEASE HELP

So I went to install led lights and started with my truck light. I took the old bulb out and put the new one in, it light for like 3 seconds then went out. Now all of my interior lights are not working!!!!!!! I checked the fuse (7.5) amp and was not blown; I tried replacing the 7.5 fuse just for good measure, NOTHING I am at a loss right now Can someone pleeeeease help me???? I got the fuses from eBay, they are Lexen’s I placed the same brand bulb in my license plate light last week with no issues. Thanks for any help or suggestions….
PS: Everything else is working just fine

Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Is this a 2010 accord? You should put that info in your signature, so we don't have to assume from your user name.

I am confused. Was there a 7.5 amp fuse you replace one that came with your led bulbs for extra protection?

It sounds like one of the fuses in your fuse box is blown.

I am not familiar with a 2010, but the owner's manual should tell you were the fuse boxes are located and give you a description of the fuses. You will have one in the engine bay and one the driver's side inside the car. You may have one on the passenger side inside the car as well.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:03 PM

Sorry, yes 2010 2.4 coupe AT

They didnt give me anything but the bulbs, when I installed the first one all the interior lights stopped working.

I then pulled out the owner's manual and found the position of the fuse for the interior lights (7.5 amp if it matters) I inspected the fuse and found nothing wrong with it.

I then proceeded to take out another 7.5 amp fuse (from the DRL) and placed in the interior light position and still nothing.

I know it sounds like a fuse, no doubt about it but it's not the interior light fuse. I guess it's posible that it's another fuse I blew IDK, guess I will have to check all of them tomorrow

Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM

Any other ideas? I know this sounds like a stupid question, and I agree. I am not great with cars, but would like to think I can troubleshoot and fix something like this.
So far I have replaced the 7.5 amp “interior lights” fuse three times even though the fuses appear perfectly fine. I evaluated every fuse that would be linked to any kind of interior light issue. I have reset the battery terminals twice. I am at a loss, seriously. Thanks…..

Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

It is difficult without a wiring diagram.

If you have a volt meter unplug that 7.5 amp fuse and see if you have 12V across the pins that hold that fuse. Also find a good ground, and test each pin of that fuse. One should have 12V.

Make sure that your key is turned on, so the interior lights would be turned on.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Did the manual say anything about a "second" fuse box under the hood? Reason I ask, 07 Pilot of mine has the fuse for the "power" outlets inside the car under the hood. You would assume the fuses for things "inside" the car are in the fuse panel inside the car, but I know from my Pilot that doen't hold true. Check for a second fuse panel under the hood, consult the manual first.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM

Also did you take the bulb back out of where you installed it??? I know this sounds stupid, but maybe if you havent removed it, it could be causing your problem... You should check all of your fuses like said above, there could be another fuse that your lights work off of...

Old 07-23-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Did the manual say anything about a "second" fuse box under the hood? Reason I ask, 07 Pilot of mine has the fuse for the "power" outlets inside the car under the hood. You would assume the fuses for things "inside" the car are in the fuse panel inside the car, but I know from my Pilot that doen't hold true. Check for a second fuse panel under the hood, consult the manual first.

That was it!!!!!!!!! You da man!!!!!!
I didn’t realize it had a THIRD fuse box. Weird because the manual put the engine fuse box under “routine maintenance” where the other 2 fuse boxes were under “fuses”
Anyway, I owe you a drink [IMG]file:///C:/Users/coppola-francis/Desktop/gulp.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 PM

Going back through this thread and see that PA Honda told me I have on there also, man where is my head sometimes Anyway, thanks guys!!!!!

One last questions....so if these led's blew my fuse, should I just toss them? by a different brand? just forget about them? I mean I see lots of folks that have put these on with no problem. Looking for advise.....thanks

Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

LEDs draw far less current than conventional bulbs. First, unplug them & see if it STILL blows fuses. If so, then your problem is in the car's wiring.