General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lease car

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:18 PM
07accordse
Unregistered
Default lease car

hey whatz up guys im picking up a 07 accord se on a two year lease the thing is that i know that i will go very over on miles
so if anyone know how to install a switch on the oddometer please let me know.

thanks

i cant believe i went back to a honda

Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Default RE: lease car

ok buy a 500 dollar car and drive that until milage is ok... no switch is possible the dash is a readout only u would have to replace the computer and all other computers that are impacted. sorry...maybe release early they are hurting may actually consider doing it.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Here is what you do at lease end:

1. Take a screwdriver and hack out the plastic covering the odometer.
2. Using a Sharpie (black preferred), cross out the current mileage.
3. Take a labeller (your choice on the exact make and model) and print up the desired mileage. Attach this over the blacked out odometer.
4. Using packing tape, professionally fix plastic housing.
5. Sit back and enjoy the response you get at the dealer.

With the amount of intelligence it takes to ask a question like that, you just might follow through on my little plan. Let me know how it works. I would prefer to play the honest route.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 AM
Administrator

What you think we are...aiding and abetting fraud in here???

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

3. Take a labeller (your choice on the exact make and model) and print up the desired mileage. Attach this over the blacked out odometer.

With the amount of intelligence it takes to ask a question like that, you just might follow through on my little plan. Let me know how it works. I would prefer to play the honest route.
Thx for the smile. That was hilarious!

Old 11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Dude, Im doing that to my car!! With MY memory, Ill forget that I did it in a couple weeks, and Ill feel like Im really driving a 10,000 mile car, instead of one with over 190k!! So much cheaper than buying a new car!! Thanks dude!!

Seriously though, what kind of question is this? Dont lease a car if you know you are going to go over miles, unless you are willing to pay for the over mileage fees.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:27 PM

*ROFL* that sounds like one of my responses.... This reminds me of a seatbelt question where the guy didn't want to wear his seatbelt but the little light bugged him so he wanted to know how to bypass it... Can't you get special exceptions written into lease deals that allow mileage overages anyway? I would think that if you're going to flop down the coinage for a brand spankin new lease every few years that going over the mileage wouldn't bother you that much.... Then again I guess I'm just way to used to Montana's pay scale....

Old 11-27-2006, 11:17 PM

Here in Florida that is a mandotroy jail sentence, why in the hell would you lease a car knowing that your going to go over the mielage to be gin with. That is totally dumb. There are ways dealers can tell if its been tempered with.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:09 AM

holy crap man, this dude should be banned.... 2 options

1 buy car at end of lease. you will pay a little extra since you will have to pay what the car is worth with lease milage versus actual milage.

2. pay the penalty

I'd go for option #1 and keep the car since it will most likely go 300+K miles

Milage is stored in 2 places on those cars and you cannot erase it from either place so do the right thing....

Old 11-29-2006, 11:40 AM

my friend..........i understand that you want to save some money.. BUt to ask our advice to do something illegal IT IS NOT what HAF is all about ......
Sorry that we cannot help you with this situation but if you at anytime have any other technical LEGAL questions, pleae feel free to come back and ask,, many of our members will be willing to help..
Enjoy the 07 Accord

Quick Reply: lease car