General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lights in Climate Control and Clock....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Lights in Climate Control and Clock....

How does one change the lights in the clock and in the climate control in an 00' Accord EX V6? I was looking at the DIY section but no links were in there about this subject.

I also didn't see a DIY for a CD changer is there one? Is there some links to aftermarket hookups?

Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default RE: Lights in Climate Control and Clock....

OK, got the clock light changed is there a light for the climate control? What about a CD Changer? Which brands fit? I know that only Alpine works in the Acura Legend.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

How did you change the light in the clock? I took my clock out but didn't see how to get to the bulb.
Thanks

Old 05-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

First you have to unplug the clock and the Hazard Lights. If you turn the whole assembly around so you are looking at the backside of it, you will see on your left hand side a little gray round flat thing. Use a flat blade screw driver and 1/4 turn counterclockwise to remove, it is very small.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Stir_Fry,
Thanks. I remember seeing it, but didn't know what it was.
Did you get the other lights working?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 PM

I believe all Hondas use Alpine car audio as stock equipment. As to where you'd hook it up.....if you start pulling out your trunk liner, you'll probably find cd changer wiring back there. You're probably better off just getting an aftermarket MP3 head unit to replace your stock cd player. With an MP3 player, you'll be able to put over 100 songs on one cd. That will eliminate your need for a cd changer.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I still don't know if they are even supposed to light up yet......

Old 05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

But wouldn't I loose my security system?????

Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies

After doing a little research on the subject of a CD Changer with the stock head unit, I found that just like Acura's the Honda's also use the Alpine CD Changer. But the bad news is you have to buy a interface worth anywhere from $55 to $75 for just a plain CD Changer and a connecting wire worth $25 (=$100 Extra). But if you want the MP3 CD Changer from Alpine (a lot easier to find and buy) then you have to buy another interface worth about $75 + the inital interface ($75) plus the extra cable ($25). for a total of $175 plus the cost of the MP3 CD Changer = $225. So for around $400 I can have the stock deck, with a 6 CD Changer. Probably not worth it. I bought my wife a high end Clarion MP3 CD player with all the goodies for $175 for her Mazda.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ANYONE KNOW IF THE CLIMATE CONTROL SCREEN LIGHTS UP AT NIGHT IN THE EX V6? There must be someone who knows.......

Quick Reply: Lights in Climate Control and Clock....