General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lines! Lines!! Everwhere theres lines!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Default Lines! Lines!! Everwhere theres lines!!!

Had a fuel leak ...and found the problem. Thought I fixed it but by the time I got done with all the fluid leaks........I know have both fuel and brake line rotted through under the body......WTH!!! Oh this is 94 EX.....Should I replace all the lines front to back or continue to piece them together? Do the line come pre-bent or do I have to do it.....also what is the cost? Any input would be great!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 PM

well partner considering the mess you found yourself in i would replace all the lines if you can afford that is?
cost i couldnt tell you,but from what i have read your lines arent in good condition?
It will take you some time but do some research on them and the end product you will be happy with and most peace of mind

Old 08-13-2012, 06:30 PM

The new ones range in price from $100-$150 for each line 3 fuel lines 2 brake lines so they are expensive. If I recall correctly you can look them up at majestic honda for exact prices. You can replace them in sections the problem is that the ends need to be flared on the old lines and you will have trouble doing that. Not sure what kind of splice you put in, but compression fittings aren't always the best fittings and can fail catastrophically.

I had my two brake lines replaced on my 96 they are connected with a flare joint just as the line goes underneath, you can snake them around the old lines without dropping the tank. The fuel lines need replacing but I dont have the motivation to attempt as they are not leaking yet.

The copper nickel lines are nice that is what I have for the brake lines they bend and flare very easy compared to the steel lines if you choose to make your own lines. That would be much cheaper then the honda lines and they will last forever.