General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Location of hazard/turn signal relay

Old 11-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Default Location of hazard/turn signal relay

I've tried searching in other posts for this one but haven't found it yet. I wanted to know if anyone knew where the turn/hazard relay located? I know it in the drivers underdash section but not exactly sure as to where its at. Im having an issue with my lights and im sure this has to be the problem. If anyone know where its at and can give me the part number I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2001 Accord LX 4Cyl. AT [&:]

Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Location of hazard/turn signal relay

pretty sure its in the box of about 4 relays in above the fuse box by the pedals. i think the lower fuse box cover says whats what. Although, dont quote me on any of that. try turning on the turn signal and listening to try to find out where the clicking is coming from. That clicking is from the relay, not some sort of clicker, btw.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

In the DIY section there is a thread about online manuals. I think that one of those links has a shop manual that you can download for a 98-02. In the 95 accord it is one of the relays in the fuse box under the dash, but that could have changed on your generation accord.

As for the part number, go to www.hondapartsdeals.com and look up the OEM part number for your accord in their parts section.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Ok so apparently im still stuck here. Let me explain. I checked the continuity between the wires across my turn signal switch and my hazard switch and everything checks good. Next thing I went to pepboys and bought a new flasher relay. Installed and still nothing happens! I've checked 4 fuses which are believed to be connected to the turn signals and they all checked good. Can someone please help me out here? Any technicians out there with serious troubleshooting skills? Honda said they will charge $250 just for a diagnostic and then some on top of that to actually fix the problem. I dont think it should be a big problem. My hazards work just fine but my turn signals dont work at all. [:@]Is there a seperate relay for turn signals or something or does someone know something that I dont? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Electrical path for turn signals and hazard signal is common from the turn signal switch to the lights. So if hazard warning works and turn signals don't then turn signal switch must be at fault. You could simulate the turn signal switch closing by jumping the Grn/red wire on the turn signal wiring harness to either grn/blu (L) or grn/yel (R) turn signals. If turn signal works, you know the turn signal switch is the problem.

good luck

Old 12-03-2007, 04:22 PM

Actually all of the turn signal wires run through the hazard switch, therefore there could be a problem with the hazard switch not connecting up the signal switch wires.

Try it, unplug the hazard light switch and the turn signals dont work anymore.

Actually, Ive only tested that on a 5th gen, 6th gens might be different.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

ORIGINAL: nafango2

Actually all of the turn signal wires run through the hazard switch, therefore there could be a problem with the hazard switch not connecting up the signal switch wires.

Try it, unplug the hazard light switch and the turn signals dont work anymore.

Actually, Ive only tested that on a 5th gen, 6th gens might be different.
Alook at a wiring diagram will resolve. I looked before I commented and the power path through the hazard switch is bypassed to the turn signal switch, so use of hazard lights allows both L & R turn signals to operate, whereas turn signal only operates one or other. If turn signals don't operate there must be a fault in turn signal switch or less likely the bypass wire around the hazard switch.

The download suggested by PAHonda has the wiring diagram.

good luck

Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Well good thing I work in an avionics shop with a bunch of electronic tools. I just jumped the green/red wire to the other ones you stated and still no luck. I downloaded that electronics manual that PAhonda was talking about but im not home right now. I could probably take a look at it when I get home. Ill keep you guys informed.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 AM

you chked both fuses corerect ??under hood # 49 , 15 amps , and under dash driver side fuse # 10, 7.5 amps,, if fuses are ok,,
You need to chk for power coming out at the green/white wire from the hazard warning switch , from there power goes to the turn signal relay , located in the under hood fuse box

did you chk for power at the green/red at the turn signal switch?? most likely there is none ,if no power jump the green white to green/ red

Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Deserthonda,
When I jumped the green/white to the green/red nothing happened but when I jumped it to the green/yellow or the green/blue I got a signal on the gauges according to which one I jumped it to. When it jumped to green/blue the left signal light came on and the right signal came on for the green/yellow. The signal didntflash or make a click noise. It just came on indicating that powerwas applied to that wire. Could it be possible thatI have a bad switch? What do you think?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Location of hazard/turn signal relay