General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

margo

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Question margo

in chrono order: trans fluid leak, slow, check engine lite came on: extremely hard shift and slipping. Please help my 98 accord.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Read the fist post in the gen tech help forum.

Since the check engine light turned on, have the codes read at the parts store. The code will start with the letter P and have 4 numbers, like P1234.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Default PAHonda

Thank you PAHonda for instructions on using forum, very helpful. Since posting, car will not move now and so cannot take to parts store to have them read codes. It just acts as though it is in neutral. This all happened so quickly. Yesterday my daughter called to say the car was shifting hard, I told her to take it to the parts store to have them help her check AT fluid levels. They checked it while car was warm and turned off, it was 1 qt low, they added 1 qt., then it started to act normal for 1 mile drive back to her work. When she drove it home last night the check engine light was on, trans shifting hard and slipping, now today car will not move. Please help, if anyone knows of this problem, solenoids? TVC? thanks a bunch! Margo

Old 07-27-2011, 05:58 PM

Check the fluid level with the engine running, see if it smell burnt, add more fluid if needed, if still "no move" then you might have to get a tow to your closest trans shop and have them scan for codes. Since the fluid was low it could already overheat the tranny or converter. But tow it to a tranny shop and have them look at it, hope for the best.