Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   My Accord Hates Me! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/my-accord-hates-me-50155/)

accord1224 09-13-2012 04:01 PM

your a shop and you can't figure it out? I would take it to a Honda dealer then.

jasonboes 09-13-2012 05:20 PM

Yes it was. I am trying to retrace his steps. He took the whole intake off to switch it. So I have double checked all connections. I even took the intake back off and put it back together. I have checked it with another throttle body from another working honda 2.2 vtec motor. So I am thinking it is something electrical. I also had him do the water pump and timing belts so I am thinking I would check that too. But I did drive it for about 25 miles and it ran well after that job. Then as I was driving everything died. So I could be looking at the new Hitachi distributor going bad. I am going to check it again next week. So as I work on it I will document what I find here. As I am sure the whole story could have a lesson to it. I just hope I get the lesson soon! LOL

doctorbee 09-13-2012 05:26 PM

there may be pressure at the rail but the injectors may not be firing. A better test is to squirt starting fluid into the intake and to try to start the engine.

jasonboes 09-13-2012 09:08 PM

I had thought of the injectors as well but when I check the plugs they have gas on them. I am thinking I need to replace them again. But I am getting tired of throwing parts at this thing. But I am guessing I could of had the luck of getting a defective part that is throwing me in the wrong direction thinking a part is new so it should work. When I get back to it I am going to start with checking spark again.

PAhonda 09-13-2012 09:20 PM

#1. Tell us the wire colors going to the map sensor and the throttle position sensor.

#2. Tell us the wire colors on the injector resistor box (on driver's side near the firewall, it is a box with metal fins on it).

#3. Turn the engine by hand until the crank shaft is at top dead center. There is a mark/notch on the edge of the crank pulley that is away from three others. That is TDC. Once you are at TDC, take off the distributor cap and tell us what spark plug wire the metal tip on the rotor is pointing towards.

jasonboes 09-13-2012 09:23 PM

Will do but it will be about a week before I post the results as I am out of town on business right now. Thanks everyone for your help and advice, I really appreciate it.

jasonboes 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Okay, so sorry a week turned into a month.

Engine is TDC at the number 1 cylinder. Timing is correct as well. I pulled each plug and looked at spark and compression. Each cylinder sparked at peak and compression was around 180 psi. Fuel pressure to the rail is good. I am suspecting the fuel pressure regulator right now.

MAP was 2 yellow and a green wire.

Injector resistor box was red/black and yellow/black.

I know it is not a typical problem anymore. It seems the problem lies with fuel. Tomorrow I will work on finding a way to test the fuel pressure in the rail and see what happens to the pressure while cranking.

jasonboes 10-08-2012 07:43 PM

So I tested the injector harness today with a noid light. All cylinders are getting the injector firing with electronics. So I tested the injectors resistance. The manual says they should all be between 1.5 and 2.5 and they all tested at 2.0 Ohms. So my guess is it is the fuel pressure regulator. I am going to pick one up tomorrow and we will see.

AccorDats 10-09-2012 03:01 AM

How about the ecu? Did you check it too?

jasonboes 10-09-2012 11:41 AM

I suspected that earlier and put a new one in. FPR did not work either although it did seem to try to start but then the battery went weak. I am going to charge it tonight and try again.