Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   NEED ADIVCE PLEASE! (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/need-adivce-please-5026/)

launch890 09-18-2006 01:31 PM

NEED ADIVCE PLEASE!

i have a 95 honda accord with a v tec engine and i have a problem. the car has a loud rumble at low speeds and runs like crap when the c/a is on and often stalls when i come to a stop with it on. alwo the brake depressurises itself after i come to a stop, often leaving my car moving again. then when i do press the brake pedal to the ground it will either give me a louder rumble or smothe out for a few seconds depending on if the car is running more smothly or choppy that day, respectivly to the problems. i was wondering if this could be a vaccum leak somewhere causing all of this. if some one could help me out with some ideas i would realy apreciate it.

Slusher 09-18-2006 04:21 PM

RE: NEED ADIVCE PLEASE!

Not too sure about your rumble but your brake problem sounds like the brake master cylinder. I take it you're not losing any brake fluid or anything like that? Yeah brake master cylinder, mine did the same thing.

sir_nasty 09-18-2006 04:28 PM

I'd agree that it sounds like a master cylinder problem for your brake issue (providing your brake fluid is full), as for the stalling issue does your car idle up when you turn on the a/c? Does it run fine with the a/c off?

launch890 09-26-2006 03:16 AM

yea it idles up, but it runs batter with it off, but it still runs badly and is very choppy

Slusher 09-26-2006 05:25 AM

I would do a search on here for 'cleaning TBI'. I have not had to do it myself but from what others have said it sometimes can cure a crappy idle. Check it out and let us know if it helps. Also, what does your car idle at?

hondadude 09-26-2006 01:02 PM

If you are at idle in neutral and step on the brakes, the idle dips way low or stalls; you need to start looking for a vacum leak.
The reason is the brake booster uses a large volume of vacum and then if there is a vacum leak the engine suffers.
Might be a problem at the A/C idle boost, does the RPM increase when you turn on the A/C ??

sir_nasty 09-26-2006 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: launch890

yea it idles up, but it runs batter with it off, but it still runs badly and is very choppy
good idea on the neutral test... I was of the same opinion as you though... sounds like a low idle issue and a bad master cylinder.... but diagnose before you start replacing crap...

launch890 09-28-2006 04:33 AM

how do i look for a vaccum leak? and also could it be the IACV?