General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice on Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Question Need Advice on Car

I have a 1999 and I have made it look really cool with paint and subwoofers. I put a new cool air intake under the hood and that's about it. I want to put a cherry bomb exhaust on the car along with a new header and a power commander. Where should I go to get the best deal for what I want for a descent am out of money? Also if I get a new car can I take off these parts and put it on the new car? Message me and let me know thank you
this a v4 automatic 1999 Honda Accord. I don't know the engine size but I can post pics if that help. thanks.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 PM

You've got an f23 under there. The submodel will tell the exact engine.

Hopefully youll find what you're looking for here...

A cherry bomb muffler has a good sound. I have a thrush glasspack instead of a cherry bomb, it was $20 and the packing hasn't come out yet, its built really well. You're gonna get a louder sound but a freer flowing exhaust.

I find a lot of people like to take the RSX mufflers and use them. At least for the 5th gens.

If you've got subs I'd recommend beefing up your wiring grounds if you haven't already.

For the header you can do eBay. Some people say the knock off headers crack but I haven't had problems with them. They're cheap but if you know what to look for an aren't looking to spend a lot they're a good buy. Just keep in mind that the shorter the primary runners the lower RPM torque you get but lose high end. And vis versa. I usually see two types though. Longer runners that mimic pacesetters and short ones that mimic DCs. Just be sure to wrap your header in titanium heat wrap real well all the way to the o2 sensor.

For the air intake, make sure you're isolating the air feed from the hot engine air but not at a low pressure area like a sealed off wheel well. To relate to the header: the longer the air intake, the lower RPM torque you get. So you wanna keep in mind your intake when choosing a header.