General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Default Need help !!!!!

Hello everyone,, I have a 1998 honda accord v6 3.0, Its been with me since i bought it and i like my car even its a few years old. I dont want to get rid of my car infact i would like to fix it so i can give to my son as a graduation present... unfortunately i dont know much about cars. The problen i have now its with my ac, it turns on and blows enough air but its just blowing hot air, I dont see a warning light inside the pannel to tell me there is something wrong. I had a friend put freon in it and still blows hot air, i checked the pannel where the switches are and did not c a blown one,, what else can it be? any help will be greatly appreciated..

Old 04-12-2011, 03:09 AM

the ac compressor could b junk. Turn on the ac and the pulley on the front of the compressor should "click" when it engages. Could b bad fan u might have a second fan on the radiator that is used to blow air on the ac condensor. Could b relay or leak in the ac system. Could b a lot.
If u dont hav a lot of experience w/ car bring it somewhere u trust

Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Administrator

Hi New Member..I'm moving you to the correct forum where your now reading this post of yours..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Hey thanks,, i checked my relays and switches they seem fine, both of the fans turn on when i leave the car running with ac on.when ac is on i turn the *** to hot and it blows hot air and when i lower it to cool it lowers the air temp. but it does not blow it cold,, i dont hear the compressor click or could it be low on air/freon coolant? just trying to c if i cant do something before spending money i dont have,,, thanks

Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

When you turn on the ac the fans are coming on, correct? Another and better way is to see if the ac clutch engages- the outer most part of the pulley should not spin when the ac is off. When it is on it will spin with the belt.....If that is working.

There is an adjustment to the "air blend" door that might help/solve the issue.

EDIT: wait this is a 98, different than the 5th gens...PS-PLEASE ADD your car info to your signature.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

You should not add freon to the car without first checking to see if you are low on freon. The only way to test pressure is to hook up a manifold to read the high and low pressures.

See if the clutch plate engages like Poorman suggested. If it does not engage, unplug the electrical connector to the compressor, and check for voltage on the wire that goes to the compressor.