General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help..BAD

Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Default Need help..BAD

So i dont really know where to start or how to explain this but here goes.

I just recently did a swap on my 92 accord. I put a JDM H22A in the car with an f series tranny. I drove the car two hours home from where I was when we did the swap. I drove the car for about 3 days ok no problems, vtec kicked in fine and shifted normal. By the fourth day of being home it started to act up. It acts like its fuel cutting. I found the other day that one of the O rings on the fuel injectors was leaking fuel on to the intake mai, so I replaced it. After driving it today it still dies, spudders, and will shut off after coming to a red light. On my way home my dad followed me and its slowly died and it wouldnt stay running. It would just chug along and die. Now, with that being said I've done some other research and found that its possible the accord fuel rail I used isn't right. This was quoted on another site I am a member on "One thing you have to remember is injector flow ratings change based on fuel pressure. 345 cc at 43 psi is what the h22 injectors flow at.....but the h22 FPR is not a 43 psi one, it is at 36-38 psi which means those 345cc injectors flow at 310cc.
if you used the accord fuel rail you are probably running accord fuel pressure with the 370cc injectors, meaning way too much fuel since the injectors are 25cc larger and running a lot mroe pressure than stock." I'm not totally sure if this is the problem. But I am running the accord fuel rail withn the H22 injectors and FPR. Could this have caused my problem for it dying? Everything that I quoted the person said seems exactly what is wrong. My other question is, would this cause my injectors to be fried and I need new ones? I'm unsure exactly if my ecu is a p13 or 28. I ordered it from pherable.net and its a chipped ecu running on a base map and I haven't had it tuned yet. I'm going to if this is all the cause of my problems.

Any help with this problem would be a life saver

Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need help..BAD

It's not the fuel rail, it's the fuel pressure regulator that controls fuel pressure. Otherwise, YES, the wrong fuel pressure can do stuff.

But it doesn't really sound like that's going on, because the wrong fuel pressure would be wrong from the very beginning. Not starting to act up after 4 days.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM

so what exactly would be causing this problem.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I was trying to understand what hardware you actually ended up with. Accord fuel rail? What FPR? What ECU?

I'm not a real expert on H22 swaps, but I'm trying to point out information that would be needed for anyone to help you.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM

i have my 92 accord fuel rail and lude fpr on there. h22 injectors, just got my buddies p13 ecu from his H22 cause his is blew up.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Is it a straight P13 or is it chipped? How does it run during WOT?

Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM

stock p13 no chip, my other ecu i have is chipped but its just on base map it hasnt been tune..it runs like crap period..i cant get it above like 3 grand and i have to shift and the higher the rpms and faster i go the more it cuts and bogs

Old 04-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe you need a Prelude fuel pump? I don't even know if they're different...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:37 PM

no i wouldnt need one i still use the accord one

Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

That's what I mean... Maybe the Accord pump can't supply enough fuelso you need the pump that goes with theH22.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help..BAD