General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default need help bad

ok so, i had my falken rims on my car, took them off for winter, putting the stock rims on, learned you cant use the same lug nuts, so i bought new ones, well my rear tires wobble like crazy, the front ones make a rubbing sound, and no matter how tight you make the lug nuts they come loose in a matter of three days, we arent talking like barely loose, like i can tighen them with my hands loose. i need help very bad, i have no idea what the problem is.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Default RE: need help bad

sounds like the new tires/rims need to be re-balanced and perhaps they got some water inside them from sitting for a while? I'd have them balanced for starters and then the lack of vibration might keep the lugs from loosening up

Old 11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you might have stripped them you will need to replace any damaged lugs

Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 PM

if they are stripped then chances are that they wouldn't tighten all the way down to the required torque specifications (they'd spin) so if you're unable to tighten then down all the way then that's a possibility, also, make sure that the tapered end goes towards the rim not away

Old 11-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

they tighten up, they just get loose again, and they only have one way to go on, like they have a cap on the other end so you dont put them on the other way, i am bringing it to the local honda dealership and just having them figure it out.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Administrator

I think your aftermarket rims have a completely diferrent lug style than your OEM lug nuts , therefore they don't fit correctly.
Did you have the longer Tuner style lugs such as in my picture below and then put back on the Oem's??

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/D097F88B682A425A98648D45D71B52AF.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 PM

the caps on the lugs might keep them from threading down far enough. get some new lugs that are open on both ends like your stock ones were.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 PM

did the aftermarket rims come with the centering ring ?? if so is it still on the hub ??

also make sure you use the correct lug nuts.......Did you get them at the dealer or non factory lug nuts

Old 11-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

i got the new lug nuts from autozone, and they claimed they would work, but its been proven time and time again they have no idea what they are talking about. i'll take the rims off today and see if a centering ring is still on there.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

figured i would let you guys know what happened. I did leave the spacers on, which caused the studs to strip, so i learned by my mistake, it just happened to cost me a lot of money.

Quick Reply: need help bad