General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding relay diagrams.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Question Need help finding relay diagrams.

Ok I was installing a new cdplayer the other day in my girlfriends 1995 honda accord ex.and somethin up in the dash shorted and popped a bunch of relays.In short all the windows went out,the gas gauges,temp gauge and sunroof.I have a handfull of relays to change out I just need someone to point me in the right direction.I have been battling this car all week,im just ready to atleast get it moderaty fixed.

But to make clear my ? I need the diagram for the relays under the hood for a 1995 accord ex.Mainly I need to get the windows going then i will work on the gas gauge and what not.If anyone can maybe tell me what happened and what the problem could be please inform me.Its stressin me out....

I appreciate any help I can get guys,thanks.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Relays dont usually "pop". Check your fuses.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:34 AM

BTW I have tested and checked all the fuses,and the ones up under the dash a couple arent getting power but are good and i have replaced to make sure.The turn signals where out also but we switched the relay and they started working.Just having trouble finding diagrams for the relays so I know what im lookin for.And with the cdplayer I know if you hookup the illumination wire in a accord it will pop a bunch of **** but I didnt hook it up,this aint my first install I did nothing out of the ordinary.Whoever had the car before us has done some ghetto wiring here and there though so it makes me curious as well.once again thanks guys.Sorry for the long posts

Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 AM

I have checked them,thats why im getting confused,im no wiring expert but can usually figure stuff out with time and help.im wondering if the other relays are the prob because like I said,I changed out the turnsignal one and they worked.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 AM

im also aware there could be a short in the system somewhere.Im gonna hate having to track it down.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 AM

I just need to talk to someone with more knowlege to maybe get me in the right direction.Yeah i know relays dont just pop but i really dont have any clue honestly...why im on here trying to ask,i been trying to avoid posting in the forums i been wearing google out but having not to much luck.but thanks for the help

Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

In the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a link for online shop manuals. The honda-tech link has a 94 shop manual which is identical to the 95. Unless your 95 is a 6 cylinder.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

If the under dash fuses are not getting power, I'd start testing/check the under hood fuses.....

Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 AM

thanks im gonna go look at the link and see what it says.it is a 4cylinder.

And I have checked the fuses under the hood to and a couple arent getting power,i have no clue what they are,but i pulled them and checked and they where ok just not getting power...

I am gonna go see what the shop manual says and see what I can do.I really am hoping there something simple im missing here though,i really dont wont to run through checking for shorts.but like i said no fuses are acttually popped just not reciaving "any" power.but the car cranks and runs fine,cdplayer works,ac.just windows,gas gauges and temp dont work.
Thanks alot guys sorry if im repeating myself.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:25 AM

Here they are hope this helps !!

Last edited by D-ODD-1; 08-24-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help finding relay diagrams.