General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With OEM Foglight Install... Stumped?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Default Need Help With OEM Foglight Install... Stumped?!

Sup Guys,

I purchased oem foglights from Handa-accessories.com for my 06 accord ex sedan. For some reason the foglights will not come on. I followed the instructions that came with the foglights closely and made sure that all connectors and pins were correctly connected and that they snapped into place. I also downloaded the foglight install video from youtube.com onto my iphone in case i got stuck. Once i installed everything I turned on the light, pressed the foglight switch and nothing. I then disconnected everything and went over every single step once again rechecking that everything was connected as it should. I double checked the ground and still nothing. What gives? Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help me out?[/align]

Old 08-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Need Help With OEM Foglight Install... Stumped?!

Check whether you have voltage to the fog light. If voltage, then bad bulb. Alternately, check bulb filament resistance (should be near dead short). A bad bulb out of the box is not likely but happens occasionally.

good luck

Old 08-16-2008, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasHonda

Check whether you have voltage to the fog light. If voltage, then bad bulb. Alternately, check bulb filament resistance (should be near dead short). A bad bulb out of the box is not likely but happens occasionally.

good luck
Would one bad bulb cause both lights not to function? How can i check if i have voltage to the fog light?

Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Turn on the fog lights and using a volt meter by probing each lead to ground (not sure which side is hot). Also probe continuity to ground to make sure you have the bulbs grounded properly.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

turn your parking or headlights on, then see if they work

Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 AM

ok i noticedmy tail lights and parking lights no longer come on. My headlights work, both low and high beam. Could i have blown a fuse? Where is the fuse be located for the parking and tail lights? Are these lights somehow connected to the same circtuitry as the foglights that i installed?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yes... You may have hooked up the relay wrong. Relay is only supposed to pull a very small current from the taillight circuit, & the actual power for foglights comes from its own circuit.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM

Ok i uninstalled the connectors to make sure they were wired correctly, i also checked to make sure the relay that came with the fogs was connected correctly also. All seems ok but not light from my fogs. Also my parking and taillights are not working. I cant help but feel like theres a connection.Can someone tell me "exactly" which fuse or relay is for the tail and parking lights? I checked fuse #7 labeled "back up" in the under hood fuse\relay box and also fuse#7 Back up Lights in the interior fuse box, but they were all fine. Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

For 2006 USA & Canada...

My Helm book says #4 fuse in the engine compartment feeds the taillights & front marker lights. But it feeds through a relay in that fusebox, too.

But I cant find anything on the foglights. That must be only in the foglight instructions.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

For 2006 USA & Canada...

My Helm book says #4 fuse in the engine compartment feeds the taillights & front marker lights. But it feeds through a relay in that fusebox, too.

But I cant find anything on the foglights. That must be only in the foglight instructions.
That was it, thanks JimBlake. I was looking atthe wrong fuses. I replaced the fuse this morning and my parking, tail, fog & dashboard button lights came on. Amazing what one little fuse can do. Thanks again JimBlake. Question, where did you purchase your Helm book? Does it only offer electrical help or does it offer mechanical help as well? How much did you pay for it?

Quick Reply: Need Help With OEM Foglight Install... Stumped?!