General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need a new muffler..

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Need a new muffler..

Well it looks like the weld broke or i'm actually not to sure what happened but there is a gap between the rear of the muffler and the pip connecting to it. The car sounds like crap now and at idle there is a buzzing noise.
Need some suggestions for a new muffler. Just looking for a muffler and not a whole catback. Thanks

Old 04-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Almost and parts store will sell the pipe and muffler - the pipe goes from about the rear tire to the muffler.....there is a gasket that goes there as well. Also those bolts might break so be prepared to replace is they do.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by poorman212
Almost and parts store will sell the pipe and muffler - the pipe goes from about the rear tire to the muffler.....there is a gasket that goes there as well. Also those bolts might break so be prepared to replace is they do.
What would be a good brand to get? I'm kind of oblivious to this whole exhaust thing.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:40 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Also looking to add a little bit of sound but nothing major. Having trouble finding something. There is so much O.O

Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I used a Walker muffler/pipe assy (quiet-flo) for OEM sound level. I think they offer "performance" sound levels also. I've been happy w/ my muffer/tail pipe. It was about $100 w/ some discount.

good luck

Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
I used a Walker muffler/pipe assy (quiet-flo) for OEM sound level. I think they offer "performance" sound levels also. I've been happy w/ my muffer/tail pipe. It was about $100 w/ some discount.

good luck
Ya I have been looking around but there are just so many options. With the exhaust pipe being separated from the muffler right now I kind of like the way it sounds and was thinking about just removing it for the time being. I am sure I do need a muffler though. I will look into the walker mufflers. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Are you installing the muffler yourself or bringing the parts to a muffler shop to install?

If you need something right away, most parts stores have universal mufflers you can ****** up for $30.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR]
Are you installing the muffler yourself or bringing the parts to a muffler shop to install?

If you need something right away, most parts stores have universal mufflers you can ****** up for $30.
Most likely myself. Have installed a full exhaust on another vehicle before so it shouldn't be a problem Ya that's what I am thinking I just don't want a loud far cannon so I wouldn't know which to get.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

A shop may be able to weld it back together.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by PAhonda
A shop may be able to weld it back together.
I am sure they can but this muffler is already bad so might as well replace it. Rust and all that nonsense

Decided to just go with a cheap muffler and hopefully its quiet. OEM sound if possible and do a cat-back later.

Anyone know if the flowtech turbo performance mufflers, thrush exhaust turbo mufflers, or the dynomax mufflers sound OEM. Found each one for $55 or less.

Quick Reply: Need a new muffler..