General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with drift

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Default need some help with drift

hey, i want to get into some drifting at my local churchage so i want to know what i need to replace to make my ebrakes stop the wheel completely instead of slowing down the car. so meaning the tires will lock up in the back, how will i do this? and is it possible to drift a turn using front wheel drive? i assume cuz you turn steering wheel one way, pull e brake once you are turning, turn the steering wheel the other way as fast as you can and keep the gas comming?

Old 04-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: need some help with drift

if you pull your ebrake hard right now, it should lock up the back end. you can drift using front wheel drive, but its just not as fun as doing it with a rear drive

Old 04-15-2006, 10:34 AM

Yeah, it will never be as fun as rear wheel drifting...

However, I saw this video (I'll post a link if I can find it again) of some drifting races in japan. This guy is driving this (highly modded) civic and he's just drifting around those corners like it's nothing. Lots of ebrake for FWD drifting.

I've also heard that wheel spacers will help out since they will give your tires a wider stance, but I haven't tried them yet.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:50 PM

yeah dude... all you need to do is pull the ebrake really hard and fast and your wheels should lock....you might wanna keep ur thumb on the ebrake button. i felt like i had more control that way rather than the brake locking....

a questions regarding the brake tho.... i used to use my ebrake all the time for drifting and it has gotten significantly more loose, meaning that now you have to pull the brake more than halfway up before ANY braking happens. so in order to actually get wheel lock you have to pull hte brake all the way to the top and even then it sometimes wont lock anymore. does anyone kno how to tighten the ebrake cable??