General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Default need some help please

My 92 accord LX is running rather strangely all of a sudden. the engine vibration and engine noise increased and is running rather roughly, also after driving when a turn the car off it sounds like the throttle body is releasing pressure (thats the best way i can put it, it sounds like vapor venting) all the motor mounts are fine, ive ran some fuel system cleaner through it, it has oil, the plugs, wires, cap and rotor are all good as well.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Default RE: need some help please

I take it all the vacuum lines are good too? You said this happened all of a sudden, so were you like driving along and then it went to crap or did you start it up one morning and it was like that? I would check your timing, at least to rule it out. The hiss your car makes from the TB makes me think this.

Old 11-24-2006, 07:26 PM

I started it up one morning and it started running like that, yes all the vaccum lines are good as well. I was thinking either a bad valve or timing initially...could getting bad gas have the same effect?

Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 PM

I thought about the bad gas thing too but you said you put fuel system cleaner through there so I ruled it out. Did you get gas the night before? The hiss when you stop it sounds like a timing issue to me. Plus checking your timing is pretty cheap.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:05 PM

i'll have the timing checked monday...its more intermittent now, so Im thinking bad gas, b/c i got gas the night before and then just drove literally 2 mins home until the next morning, but then went and filled up thats when the intermittent started.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:24 PM

It makes sense now, could very well be bad gas. Let us know how it goes.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

what was the gas station selling? watered down fuel?

Put some dry gas in there and see if the problem goes away....

Old 11-26-2006, 06:28 PM

well the gas station is a local SC franchise called Spinx and I wouldnt be surprised if it was watered down, back during the Katrina gas crisis Spinx held all of their grade prices at $3.15 a gallon, but it turned out that he was just putting regular in all 3 grade tanks, hes still got lawsuits pending from people that need to put 93 in their cars and the Spinx gas screwd the cars up.

but anyway its still running roughly intermittently theres no skip or anything just running rough.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:32 PM

dry gas?? is that anything like the HEET gas line water remover/gas line antifreeze?

Old 11-26-2006, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: drummer1279

dry gas?? is that anything like the HEET gas line water remover/gas line antifreeze?
Yup

Quick Reply: need some help please