General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New headlights installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
dxception
Unregistered
Default New headlights installed

Hello,
I'm new to the family here. I have a '98 Accord Lxi. Just put in some led halo headlights. Everything is working beautifully. I powered the halo's and led's with the parking light wires. One problem. It doesn't have anything to do with the new headlights. The passenger side turn signal doesn't light up unless the the turn signal is activated. The driver side turn signal bulb lights up when the parking lights and headlights are on as well as when the turn signal is activated. Has anyone else run into this problem or know of any quick fixes. The bulbs are brand new and the old bulbs had the same issue.
Thanks in advance for any help. Again the bulbs are not the issue. I have switched them back and forth to make sure.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 PM
dxception
Unregistered
Default RE: New headlights installed

On the 1998 Honda accord, do theturn signal/corner/side markerlightsstay on when you turn on the parking lights and regular lights and then blink when you signal?
Someone please respond.
Thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM

i had a similar problem with tail lights. the right blinker didnt blink till i hit the brakes. Strange thing is that the problem only occured when the headlights are on. if the lights are off the blinker works fine. i solved the problem by not using my blinker. But now it solved itself. Strange :?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

To answer your question about the 98 accord, yes. Just as you described it.