General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new here ! i wanna put some leds on my front grill 09 accord

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default new here ! i wanna put some leds on my front grill 09 accord

whats up guys, im new here, i wanna install some leds from autozone to my front grill , i just need some guidance on the wires, thanks

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF.

What/how are you wanting the led's to work and what type are you looking at?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi thank you , i just wanna some leds on my front grill but i dont know how to connect a wire to the fuse ?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think poorman212 already asked.

How do you want the LEDs to work (e.g., on when the car is on; when headlights are on, etc.)?

What type are you looking at (e.g., strip light, etc.; does it already have resistors; what is the voltage requirements, etc.)?

Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

If you are using an LED strip (12 volts), here's one way. Get a Littelfuse Add-A-Fuse MINI and use one of the unused slots in the interior fuse box. No. 1 and 2 slots are unused and readily accessible in the lower right-hand corner of the fuse box when you look up under the dash. You will have to run one wire for power ( +) into the interior doing it this way.

http://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/Fi...FHM02FHA02.pdf

The LED strip should turn on when the ignition is ON.

Attached Thumbnails new here ! i wanna put some leds on my front grill 09 accord-interior-fuse-box.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks a lot man

Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Can i connect it to my fuse box the one next to my battery under the hood ?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

You can use the under-hood fuse box; but, consider that the box has a cover to seal it from moisture and dirt. You may have to drill/cut a hole in the cover to keep most elements out, etc. As the Littelfuse Add-A-Circuit allows you to piggyback at an existing fuse slot, you can do that or find an unused slot that is not "hot" all the time.

If you want to run the power wire to the interior, there is a pre-drilled hole with rubber grommet at the firewall. You probably can make a cut in the grommet to run the wire through. Many people use this hole to run their amplifier power wire into the car from the car battery.

As always, this is just for informational purposes. Do so at your own risk.

Attached Thumbnails new here ! i wanna put some leds on my front grill 09 accord-firewall-hole.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
You can use the under-hood fuse box; but, consider that the box has a cover to seal it from moisture and dirt. You may have to drill/cut a hole in the cover to keep most elements out, etc. As the Littelfuse Add-A-Circuit allows you to piggyback at an existing fuse slot, you can do that or find an unused slot that is not "hot" all the time.

If you want to run the power wire to the interior, there is a pre-drilled hole with rubber grommet at the firewall. You probably can make a cut in the grommet to run the wire through. Many people use this hole to run their amplifier power wire into the car from the car battery.

As always, this is just for informational purposes. Do so at your own risk.
Thank you so much bro you are the best !!!!! Have you install any leds in your honda ?if so . Did you get the ones from autozone?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

I only installed the Honda interior illumination kit (LEDs), which is essentially plug and play with wire harness, connectors, OEM switch, etc. I installed other electronics in this and other Hondas before.

One of my hobbies that I sometimes dabble in is with electronics. I am no electrical engineer though; lol.

The set-up I described for your LEDS is pretty basic in terms of wiring.

Quick Reply: new here ! i wanna put some leds on my front grill 09 accord