General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New top end vs reman engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I would address it, but I'm not sure it is a priority with everything else you have going on.

I'm not as familiar with the V6 version of the 5th generation accords. I think the driver's side fan has the longer motor, so that would be called the radiator fan. The passenger side fan motor is short (like a hockey puck) and that would be called the a/c condenser motor. Please verify. Both fans turn on to cool the a/c and radiator regardless of the name of the fan. The location of the relay for each fan is different. The radiator fan relay is in the engine bay fuse box. The a/c condenser relay is below the engine bay fuse box on the V6.

Each fan should get power from separate relays. It is a design where one fan if a relay fails. If you have access to the original fan wires on the harness side, turn the key to the II position, then short the coolant temperature sensor A. Check if you have power and ground to those wires.

If no power, then I would look at the relay. I'd swap the relay with a nearby identical relay that works. The defrost relay is identical (I think) to the radiator fan relay. The a/c compressor relay is identical to the a/c condensor fan relay.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
I would address it, but I'm not sure it is a priority with everything else you have going on.
I'm having a good ol' time with his engine. I'll check the wiring and such. Its raining right now --- PS.. had a stove cooked meal last night.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Nevermind, I dont even have the battery tray installed yet. Checking wires will have to wait

Old 02-18-2018, 02:54 PM

So that fuel hose.. I took it off and before I cut it, I inspected it. Noticed it was a double hose. So I rigged up a system and blew pressured air through it with the end cut under water and no bubbles. So I cleaned up the cut and took some loctite sealer, sealed it up and wrapped it and reinstalled it

Old 02-22-2018, 08:59 PM

still in the middle of an ice storm.. can't do anything

Old 02-25-2018, 07:57 PM

How do I burp all the air out of my cooling system? 97 V6 please

Old 02-25-2018, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Turn the heat to high to open the heater core. The 94-97 4-cylinder accords had a bleed valve on (or near) the thermostat housing. From the parts diagram, it looks like the V6 had on too. Just open that valve and fill the cooling system until you see coolant coming out of that valve, then shut the valve. Then purge air from the cooling system at the radiator cap with the engine running.

See this video:

Old 02-25-2018, 10:36 PM

I could not find that bleeder valve. I see it now on diagram, will check again in daylight

Old 02-26-2018, 12:15 PM

It spun over for 5 seconds then just stopped. Key off then back on, will not crank anymore

Old 02-26-2018, 12:45 PM

Battery tester says battery is good. When I try to start it, the brake light comes on, and the lights for my a.c. heater go off. Clock stays on, oil light and battery light stay on

Quick Reply: New top end vs reman engine