General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NO A/C 95 v6 Accord PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default NO A/C 95 v6 Accord PLEASE HELP

Ok so I have a 95 V6 Accord with about 250k miles. The A/C was acting up last summer, the clutch wouldnt kick on at all, I hit it a few times and it started working, go figure.

This year, after Ive tried hitting it good a few more times, it cease to live
By the way, I use this as a work vehicle to deliver stuff and its horrible during the hot humid Charlotte days!

So my question is, does anyone have any info on how I can replace my A/C system and make it like new again? I do not want to pay a shop for the labor when it shouldnt be THAT hard... Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

All going to depend on what is wrong. First question, you hammered the ac clutch and it worked all of last year?

What does the ac pressure switch reading tell you?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you hit the clutch and it started to work the clutch gap is too wide ,,

did it cool ok when a/c was working ?? if so first thing i would do is to chk the clutch gap and adjust it..if too wide ......

Old 06-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by poorman212
All going to depend on what is wrong. First question, you hammered the ac clutch and it worked all of last year?

What does the ac pressure switch reading tell you?
I havent done a ac pressure switch reading yet, how do I do that?

Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by deserthonda
if you hit the clutch and it started to work the clutch gap is too wide ,,

did it cool ok when a/c was working ?? if so first thing i would do is to chk the clutch gap and adjust it..if too wide ......
The A/C worked for about 2 months and then I stopped using it but it was working fine when it kicked on.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Really sounds like the gap is out.....The pressure switch, only played with the 4 cyl version of these. Follow the high side line, small on-or the charge port should have an "H" on it...look for a switch with two wires going into it...on the 4 cyl it is under thae battery...you have a 6, so not sure where.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

No luck on finding the ac switch! I know where the ac fan switch is, connecting to the ac condenser. but i have no clue where the actual ac switch is...

Old 07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

When you turn on the a/c, do both fans turn on when the engine is running?

Also, unplug the compressor. Start car and turn on a/c. Check that you have 12V going to the one wire going to the compressor to ground. I use a valve cover bolt for a good ground.

Let us know what you find.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
When you turn on the a/c, do both fans turn on when the engine is running?

Also, unplug the compressor. Start car and turn on a/c. Check that you have 12V going to the one wire going to the compressor to ground. I use a valve cover bolt for a good ground.

Let us know what you find.
could you explain how i test the wire for 12v?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

You need a volt meter. You need to set it to read DC voltage. Depending on the volt meter, the scale should be set to 20. That means it will read accurately 2-20 volts. Make sure you volt meter is working by testing voltage across the posts of the battery terminals. Red meter lead to + post, black meter lead to - post. If you read around 12V, you know your meter is working properly.

Now for the electrical connector, it is a one wire connector. Unplug the connector. Touch the red lead to the wire that is now not connected to the compressor. Touch the black lead to a valve cover bolt. See what the meter reads. Make sure the red volt meter lead is actually touching the connector. You may need to straighten a thin paperclip or stick a needle in there to make it easier.

Quick Reply: NO A/C 95 v6 Accord PLEASE HELP