General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Power to A/C Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 04:12 PM
Default No Power to A/C Compressor

I am currently experiencing the same difficulties with an 2004 accord no power at compressor but 12v at the relay on the two pins you speak of 33 ohms on the ground side though

Old 06-05-2023, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Are both grounds 33 ohms? If you touch both meter leads together, do you get 33 ohms?

You can also use the diode setting, where you get a beep when both meter leads are electrically connected.

Old 06-05-2023, 05:24 PM

0.fl now on my control side and on my larger terminal .5 m ohms with ac on

Old 06-05-2023, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure if 0.fl means open circuit to ground or closed circuit to ground.

Look in that fuse box for an identical relay for something like the rear window defroster or power window. Swap the relays. See if the a/c work and the other component stops working.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:49 PM

Olf meaning out of limits I presume I have already performed a relay swap replaced the relay the pressure switch(was showing 0 data and still is) and I have replaced the compressor witch was bench testing bad I can jump power at the relay and get the new compressor to kick on I have tested resistance to ground on the compressor the pressure switch and I even went as far as testing the ambient temp sensor with a heat gun and a cup of ice water futhinging normal on the resistance scale heat low resistance and cold high but I can not read any data on the temp or the pressure sensor when actuated from the pcm everything shows on (compressor and ac button internal to the vehicle)

Old 06-05-2023, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

I moved your posts to a new thread to make the original less confusing with two potentially different problems. Put your car info in here (year, trim, ex, lx, etc, transmission) and we can start troubleshooting.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:33 AM
Default 2004 honda accord V6 3.0 automatic dual zone a/c compressor has no power

Is that all the info you need for the new thread

Old 06-06-2023, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

That works. In the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a link to checking hvac codes for your generation accord. Give that a shot and see if you have any hvac codes that can give you some direction.

Old 06-14-2023, 07:32 AM

No codes unfortunately

Old 06-14-2023, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Lets take a step back. You can leave the relay plugged in and unplug the connector to the a/c compressor. Using a test light, you can verify if you have enough power to light up your test light with the engine running and turning on the a/c.

Alternatively, if you unplug the relay, you should have 2 pins that are larger and possibly better metal, like copper. One should have 12V and the other should have some resistance to ground through the a/c compressor coil. What happens if you use a piece of wire to jump those two pins on the relay box? You are essentially using the wire to act like the relay.

Quick Reply: No Power to A/C Compressor